Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden shed.

• 26-07-2011 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

How much might I pay to have a concrete block garden shed built in Dublin area. Shed size 10' x 8' Apex roof , one window and one door.
    Ground is flat with easy access for vehicle.

Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 TENEGUIA

Hi i paid 1600 euro for shaed 10 x 12 with apx roof 2 windows and door
    got insulated plasterboard basic electrics.
    nice finish for the price i will pm you the contact details get a price and see what you think.
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭cosmowillie53

Thank you for that info. Looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭figs

TENEGUIA wrote: »
    Hi i paid 1600 euro for shaed 10 x 12 with apx roof 2 windows and door
    got insulated plasterboard basic electrics.
    nice finish for the price i will pm you the contact details get a price and see what you think.
    Good luck

seems unbelieveably cheap for a 10 x 12 bricks and mortar job! The materials alone would cost the guts of €2k.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭aido 1976

Im in the market for something simular, and would also like to get an honest idea of what it would cost, maybe some builders on here might be interested to get intouch and possibly give a quote,

I have used recently for the same project

http://www.tradesmen.ie/index.asp?ref=bar&n=tradesmen.ie

But am not happy with the quotes, way over my budget,

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

I would suggest trying to find a local builder, some of the guys who respond to jobs on those trademen websites have notions of themselves. From my own experience and the experience of people I know some the replies/quotes to jobs we posted were nothing short of mental. Find someone local with a good record and talk cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

An alternative is a precast concrete shed. For example this firm: http://www.irishconcretebuildings.ie/. There may be others doing similar.

I got one and am very happy with it. One morning to lay the base and then a week later, one morning to assemble the shed. And then one hour to fill it with all the cr.p that you said you would dump but never got around to..:D.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭jj build

your looking on average 4to5k inc vat for a good job

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lizp

Anyone know how much it would cost to demolish a Concrete Shed 4 feet By 8 feet ! Want to make my Patio a bit bigger .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭El.duderino

jj build wrote: »
    your looking on average 4to5k inc vat for a good job
    Shocking money! I had some clown quote me for similar build. I say clown as he made laugh so much " I build you good shed for 5000" Wonder why the 0 fell out of the building trade. Its not rocket science. I,m a tradesman(Not in construction) Basically its red sauce on the breakfast rolls. Washing up liquid in the mortar. Not much else to it.

Example part of the build: Ie The main bit..
    Cavity blocks cost €1 and roughly 0.70 for each 1 to be laid. 350 blocks roughly for 10x8
    Blockwork cost 350€ blocks €70 cement + sand+ fairy liquid. labour €250

Roughly €665 with vat to erect the building..

€100 whacker and gravel
    €150 for 1m2 concrete
    €50 DPC

Lose the windows and apex. It will keep cost down even further. If you are anyway competent try and do parts of it yourself. Like digging and whacking the base.

Advertisement