Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Reviews - Liquid

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

Flavours by Joe - Heavens Nectar - an exotic blend of pear cream and coconut.
    I tried this one and liked it a lot. It was a very nice sweet pear flavoured liquid. The pear definitely came through with the sweetness of the coconut also. The nutty'ess of the coconut wasn't as strong, the pear and sweetness that you get from the coconut were the strongest. The throat hit was good too. My brother liked it so much that I ended up giving him half the bottle.

Flavours by Joe - Papa Smurf - A Berry blend topped with cream. Again nice sweet juice. The berries came out and the cream was subtle.
    Again my friend who I met for their birthday ended up lking it so much I gave her the rest of the bottle, along with some other gifts I got for her.

I was very impressed by Flavours By Joe brand of liquids as I watched a video about the guy Joe who started the company and it all seemed very professional and quality orintated. The amount of detail he went into about safety, higiene and quality was impressive. The bottles all have batch/lot numbers on them so everything is traceable in case of problems or recalls etc.

I'd be interested if anyone else has tried Flavours by Joe yet. I noticed Vaporium has put more Flavours by Joe up so will be ordering a few more flavours soon along with a Vapeonly BCC and will say what that's all like too. Am thinking of getting the Strawberry Cheesecake and also will try the Cherry Liquorice too. Any recommendations let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

I got some wingnut samples and tasted the swedish fish right away and it was ok. I left them all steeping for 9 days now and have some of Swedish fish on the go atm.
    Holy crap what a differnce! I was interested to see how much of a flavour difference there is when juice is steeped and my word it is worth leaving it for the few days!
    Savage taste, I will def order a bigger bottle next time!
    Cant wait to try the other flavours now!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

Swedish Fish is nice, I'd also recommend the Strawberry Milkshake by wingnuts it's one of my favourite vapes:) Again leave it steep for a few days. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the Flavours by Joe are pre-steeped if I remember correctly from the video. The flavours were strong and I didn't bother steeping them anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

thebestshop's Standard Menthol - D.I.V.I.N.E
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/standard-eliquid/38-30ml-eliquid-pg.html
    I've tried four other ready-made's, nothing compares.
    It's a smooth, clean menthol with a touch of something else, almost rose even.

I don't think I'll get anything close to it when I start making my own.
    Except for maybe rose drops? Such a thing? One poster wrote about adding 'rose' to his mix of menthol. I did ask, but he musn't have seen, otherwise I'd have getted a reply boo hoo...sob...sob..

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

I got some wingnut samples and tasted the swedish fish right away and it was ok. I left them all steeping for 9 days now and have some of Swedish fish on the go atm.
    Holy crap what a differnce! I was interested to see how much of a flavour difference there is when juice is steeped and my word it is worth leaving it for the few days!

Sweedish fish ages VERY well. It only gets better. No cap off, just leave it somewhere and make sure it's not too hot. For some reason heat kills the flavour as I found out when I left it behind my PC :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

csi vegas wrote: »
    Except for maybe rose drops? Such a thing? One poster wrote about adding 'rose' to his mix of menthol. I did ask, but he musn't have seen, otherwise I'd have getted a reply boo hoo...sob...sob..

Bargain Vapour
    DKS liquid
    Lady Breeze (petal of rose, apparently)

Didn't someone here ask an expert about adding rose petal to his home made liquids and he was told that it would be poisonous?

jamie72 wrote: »
    Didn't someone here ask an expert about adding rose petal to his home made liquids and he was told that it would be poisonous?

Dirty Bollox asked about it and I told him that steeping a plant could be poisonous.
    DKS are chemists, they're not just ripping a plant out of the ground and chucking it into liquid, they're extracting the essence that gives the smell/flavour and nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Wonder if you could use rose water? you know the stuff for making Turkish delight, wife makes some lovely stuff and this is one of my favorites so theirs rose water somewhere on them shelves with chili and rosemary and ..and.. stuff like that.

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Wonder if you could use rose water?

Suppose you could, but the rose water might have been extracted with and still contain product/s unsafe for inhalation (like nonadecane, which I just read is used in the extraction of at least one type of rose water).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Been at this lark a few months now and I've liked everything I've tried bar Ankara Tobacco, rough stuff.
    Fizzy Lemonade, Gummie Bear, Chocolate Doughnut are all great. I'd mostly use the Dekang USA Mix and El Toro Cigarillos Naturales,

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

Wingnuts Banana Tart. As it says on the tin but after vaping a bit of it I discovered its not really my thing. Anyone that likes banana vapes will love this.

Wingnuts Vampire kisses. Gorgeous! A lovely fresh vape. Fruity with a menthol kick. really nice for all day, great vapour!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

Hi,

Can you tell me wht steeping is and how to do it please?

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it's a fancy word for leaving it in a drawer for a few days
    with new made juices the flavours sometimes need time to blend together properly
    just put it somewhere cool and dark and leave it alone for a week

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

iba wrote: »
    Hi,

Can you tell me wht steeping is and how to do it please?

Thanks

http://nu-vapor.com/forum/diy-liquids/12975-steeping-e-juice-explained.html

Currently trying Liqua Vanilla and it is not going down well at all. Not getting the vanilla taste and the throat hit is too sharp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

jamie72 wrote: »
    Currently trying Liqua Vanilla and it is not going down well at all. Not getting the vanilla taste and the throat hit is too sharp.

I find it's better when you use a few drops to flavour something else...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Got a few new flavours [to me] over the last couple of days.

El toro Cigarrillos 18mg: From House of liquid - as close to tobacco as you're likely to get. The scent, flavour and character of it gives you the closest feel to actual smoking IMHO, at least comparing to other tobacco juices I've tried. This'll be one of my beer vapes.

Cigar de Paris: 18mg: Also house of liquid: This has more a mild cigar type flavour with a definite almond after taste. Very nice. Would be perfect with a brandy :) Could be a nice all-day.

Orange de sangre 18mg: Highbrow vapour, got from house of liquid: 18mg: well, it's orangey! Tastes like an orange squash, a strong one, not watery. Nice, but wouldn't vape it all day.

RY4/DK4 24mg from Thebestshop: This is nicer than the other RY4 I tried recently, it's stronger TH-wise, tastes like a tobacco with nutty undertones. The other one I tried had a slight berry after taste, this one doesn't. http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/standard-eliquid/38-30ml-eliquid-pg.html - you have to scroll through the flavours and strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

At last, you can buy small tasters.
    http://www.smokerainbow.com/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

T-juice vamp Vape - 16mg

Jesus christ i think i've found a new winner,if you like these,you'll love this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Just got a fresh 60ml bottle of cigarillos and its much weaker in flavour than the last bottle. Much weaker. Not a lot of flavour at all.

The last bottle was probably 8 or 9 months old when I took it out a few weeks ago but I only finished it yesterday. I'd originally put it away because I didn't like it but loved it when I took it out again.

Hopefully it will get stronger in flavour after a few days when opened....

Yeah, the last half-bottle of Cigarillos is always much nicer than the first, definitely seems to benefit from ageing or mingling with air or whatever magick happens. It has the feel but takes a while for anything beyond the slight nutty taste to pop out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

romastino leaves his cigarillos for 2-3 weeks steeping iirc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Well I'll have to do that as well. It's very weak altogether in flavour.

All I really vape is cigarillos, and I try to make sure to have a new bottle ordered at least a week before it runs out, so I can let it steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Just got some cigarillos as well and haven't steeped but it tastes great anyway, I'm a big fan.

Also tried some wingnuts strawberry milkshake and it's very smooth and tasty, if a little lacking in TH. Would recommend trying it if you like sweet flavours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

For those who Vape the Cigarillos, Id be interested in knowing if you prefer the Kanger T2 or the Kanger T3 Clearomizers and which Heads you use with the T2?

I also see a new T4 and T5 - anyone use these with the Cigarillos.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

T2 gurgles less and gives a much warmer vape than T3 If I had to chose between T2 or T3 it would definitely be T2 but only because I've had issues with the T3. Some people love them. The eVod is pretty decent. It's the like T3 but better in my opinion. Haven't used T4 or T5 yet.

Going only on reviews, the T2 is supposedly the best for warmness and throathit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

+1 on the evod - I find it better than the T3 atomiser coil - I did an interesting experiment today (when I say interesting I mean interesting to me !) - I used an evod coil on a MT3 - using it all day and I find it great !
    The connection isn't 100% - and you have to be careful screwing it in - however it vapes very well

Advertisement