Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Reviews - Liquid

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

its like cigarillos with a bit of apple, the apple kinda overpowers some of the cigarillos notes but they work very well together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Might have to try that one..I love the Halo Midnight Apple and the Epipes Oak Barrel Cider

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

Problem solved - Ill buy both - putting in a big order now for the 20% discount - but he is all out of T2 and T3 heads :(

All out of El Toro Eden 12mg too (only 18mg) :(

and he has no El Toro Cigarrillos at all :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

iba wrote: »
    Problem solved - Ill buy both - putting in a big order now for the 20% discount - but he is all out of T2 and T3 heads :(

All out of El Toro Eden 12mg too (only 18mg) :(

and he has no El Toro Cigarrillos at all :(

That's what I get for waiting as well. At least I have a large bottle of Grindles home made juice to try!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

That not arrived yet?

• Advertisement

grindle wrote: »
    That not arrived yet?

It had, I was just too busy to try it.

edit: Just stuck it in a clearo and it is not wicking at all. Too thick?

1. Phew!

2. That hurts, man. That shit cuts deep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I got some of grindle's juice here, works fine in both my Igo-s and pro-tank. Lovely stuff, just like Virginia prime :) Wicks need a wash out more often, that's about it I find.

Today i got a bottle of 'Twilight' from vaperus. It's advertised as being strawberry and raspberry with a touch of menthol. On first taste I thought ' fruity cough syrup' - wasn't sure about it, kept vaping and really liking it now. I get different flavours every time. I'm definitely getting a hint of orange, but the raspberry has come through more, and the menthol is not strong minty, it's more like a honey locket on the end. Very nice once the flavour settles a bit in the tank.

I'm wondering if it's a dodgy head. It certainly tastes nice, but i'm getting **** all vape from it.

It's 64% VG so it could be too thick if it's a top-coil clearo. If it's a BCC I don't know - maybe the extra bit of wick on top of the coil needs removing? Silica shouldn't have wicking issues in a BCC but that juice is more suited towards drippers or cotton/mesh in a tank atty.

• Advertisement

grindle wrote: »
    It's 64% VG so it could be too thick if it's a top-coil clearo. If it's a BCC I don't know - maybe the extra bit of wick on top of the coil needs removing? Silica shouldn't have wicking issues in a BCC but that juice is more suited towards drippers or cotton/mesh in a tank atty.

It's a T2, so top coil. Guess it's going to be one for my IGO-L so, just means I can't just lump it in my pocket and take it out and about :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭dball

1 x 20ml Dekang Chocolate (80/20)
    - Nic Strength: 11mg Low Yuk - take it away / horrible after taste

1 x 10ml T-Juice Strawberri
    - Nic Strength: 16mg Medium Not Bad

1 x 05ml Dekang Cheesecake
    - Nic Strength: 16mg Medium Should have ordered 20ml yumm yumm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

Anyone of you beautiful bastards have any experience of Virginia type juices in carto tanks?
    I know from using Viginia Prime,I'll be lucky to get 2 days out of one before it smothers itself in funky gunkiness. 
    So I was thinking that '1st Choice' with its 80/20 mix would be a better bet and maybe prolong the fragile life of the humble carto. 
    So I've tried varying amounts of holes..ahem,Ive tried lr/sr,dual coil etc but I'm still getting a lot of dry hits,the odd carto even got fried.the carto just isn't getting the supply of juice it needs and the top half doesn't get any soakage.Strange thing is,'1st Choice' to me seems like a fairly thin eliquid especially when compared to VP,so I didn't think I would have any problems. 
    I don't have a problem with other juices like Cigarrillos,one punch and it feeds the carto perfectly. 
    So is it the case that because of the juices complex/stubborn nature,that no matter what the pg/vg mix,its always going to find it hard to feed the cartomizer adequately?

Was thinking of trying a CE2 carto with the wicks to see if that was any better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I was often thinking of getting some of those cartos as well, just to try out. I have a little Petra tank and I use Boges in it occasionally and its a great little set up for emergencies or if driving a long distance. Cartos and a decent tank are a really reliable set up. Never tried viscous juices though but I suppose you could punch a couple of holes to help wicking?

Might throw a couple of those fillerless cartos into my next order from TBS but I'm not sure whether they might leak like a sieve or not....

Yeah,Im going to give it a go.Apparently the CE2 'tank carto' is a vast improvement over the original CE2 carto,which was pretty flawed.The holes are bloody huge,this should help the juice flow freely,add to that a really thick wick and I cant see wicking being an issue.Then again,given the bipolar nature of vaping,who the fcuk knows,worth a shot I say:)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dar926

Currently Vaping away on Dekang Red Cola.. Although it doesn't taste like Coca Cola, it does definitely tastes like cola, maybe Barr Cola.. Its really nice anyway with Good Vapor and strong Cola taste..

Grindles Prime Virgin A.I.

This is lovely in the IGO-L, loads of vapour, throat-hit, flavour. Sweetish tobaccoy taste.

Couldn't get it going in a clearo though, probably too thick, so it's only for at home with the dripper.

9/10

One mark deducted until I can find a way to bring this stuff everywhere with me :p

jamie72: poster of juice reviews on boards

-9000, reason detailed below.
    jamie72 wrote: »
    One mark deducted until I can find a way to bring this stuff everywhere with me :p

fun.png

I was often thinking of getting some of those cartos as well, just to try out. I have a little Petra tank and I use Boges in it occasionally and its a great little set up for emergencies or if driving a long distance. Cartos and a decent tank are a really reliable set up. Never tried viscous juices though but I suppose you could punch a couple of holes to help wicking?

Might throw a couple of those fillerless cartos into my next order from TBS but I'm not sure whether they might leak like a sieve or not....

Well the CE2 'tank carto' is good when it works,good flavour and a surprisingly decent amount of vapour,BUT it has no consistency to it.It gives a good vape for a short while and then you start getting dry/burnt hits along with a small amount of flooding.Ive only tried the one,so I'll give a fresh one a go tomorrow or the follwing day and let you know how I get on,but first impressions aren't great.

I was using an 80/20 mix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Well the CE2 'tank carto' is good when it works,good flavour and a surprisingly decent amount of vapour,BUT it has no consistency to it.It gives a good vape for a short while and then you start getting dry/burnt hits along with a small amount of flooding.Ive only tried the one,so I'll give a fresh one a go tomorrow or the follwing day and let you know how I get on,but first impressions aren't great.

I was using an 80/20 mix.

Is that the carto with the little bit of filler down near the coil or can you see the coil at the bottom. I got a couple of the ones where you can see the coil but never got around to trying them out.

• Advertisement

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Is that the carto with the little bit of filler down near the coil or can you see the coil at the bottom. I got a couple of the ones where you can see the coil but never got around to trying them out.

Yeah that's the one Chrome.It pretty much acts as a clearomizer but in a carto casing.It doesn't use filler but has wicks either side which feed up to the coil.Some drop when you're looking down on those coils!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

I thought the CE2 carto was the weird one with the two wicks inside.
    The mesh carto is disappointing, hearing rather negative opinions about it all round. Interesting idea though.

does anyone know where i can get a sample pack of wingnuts juice?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

dball wrote: »

Thanks

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/sample.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Yes here

Thanks

When you go to checkout its saying they are out of stock.
    Thanks - anywhere else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

When you go to checkout its saying they are out of stock.
    Thanks - anywhere else?

Afraid not, wingnuts is the guy himself who makes them and owns e-smokeireland. They should be back in stock soon enough.

Afraid not, wingnuts is the guy himself who makes them and owns e-smokeireland. They should be back in stock soon enough.

Wonder if the sample pack is a thing of the past with the new way the liquids are coming in?

• Advertisement

jamie72 wrote: »
    Wonder if the sample pack is a thing of the past with the new way the liquids are coming in?

I was thinking that myself, also saw on here earlier someone discussing not having to steep some of their recent juices. I suppose they aren't too expensive if i just buy 3 10ml bottles.

thanks fro the info.

Advertisement