Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Reviews - Liquid

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

fangee wrote: »
    I only suspicious because there are no ingredients on the bottles and I have given up the smokes for the healthier option.

I'd hate to find out in 2 years that there was shenanigans involved.

The lack of ingredients on the bottles is a bit of a problem all right. Hard to answer the naysayers when they ask 'but how do you know whats in em?'
    The solution is to sell only bigger bottles with room on the labels for ingredients. Or to package smaller bottles in boxes. Some companies do this but not enough. Some don't bother with any ingredients at all.
    Vendors need to ensure that bottles are child proof, have warnings about nic content and a list of ingredients in descending order of amount.
    This is going to be the minimum regulation we can expect so should be applied now. If medical regs are applied, well look at the amount of useless paper comes with aspirin! Ingredients, contra indications, warnings and all sort of stuff that no one reads.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭ben36

jamie72 wrote: »
    I've the hangsen RY1, RY4 and Tab here. I found the RY4 to be too sickly, the RY1 was better, basically the same but with less sweetness. The tab is actually ok, but still a little sweet.

Try the smooth.iI can't really get much of a sweet taste from it.I swap with that and the ry4 throughout the day.i like the caramel taste from their ry4

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

Most stores will have an ingredients list available on request.
    When was the last time you seen the ingredients listed on a big mac, more to worry about there as your eating it, but it is a valid concern with anything new.

I have the ingredients in descending order on my bottles although I'm not sure anyone could read them it's so small.

ingred.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

ben36 wrote: »
    Try the smooth.iI can't really get much of a sweet taste from it.I swap with that and the ry4 throughout the day.i like the caramel taste from their ry4

Will do next time I'm getting something from bargain vapour. Love that they do the €2 testers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

EGriff wrote: »
    I was also pretty disappointed with Highbrow Vapour Orange de sangre. The flavour was really weak most of the time even after steeping for 2 weeks. Once in a while I would get a hit with nice flavour to it but mostly I could barely taste it. Also I found it fairly rough on the throat compared to others at the same nic (12mg).

I don't think its a problem with my setup because I'm getting plenty flavour from Wingnuts Jungle Juice.

I'm guessing it's a set-up problem,maybe it's not wicking right?.On a new coil i get an explosion of flavour.

Be aware though,highbrow juices are Coil Annihilators!,on silica i'd be lucky to get 2 days out of a coil with a serious drop in performance on the second day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I'm guessing it's a set-up problem,maybe it's not wicking right?.On a new coil i get an explosion of flavour.

Be aware though,highbrow juices are Coil Annihilators!,on silica i'd be lucky to get 2 days out of a coil with a serious drop in performance on the second day.

I'm no expert so you could be right. I was using it in a mini protank with a fresh coil and the top flavour wick removed and I was getting good vapour with no gurgling.

I did get some flavour but nothing that would illicit the reaction I've seen in reviews. I still have over half a bottle steeping so it might get better. Maybe my taste buds are just broken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I'm vaping a sample of Eden from HoL and its a nice vape. Gotta say though, it just tastes like cigarillos to me? I don't get much if any apple off it. Nice though. Got another couple of samples to try too.

Ben, can you link to the 'smooth'?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

Tried Paul's strawberry kick. In agr cartotank with lr boge on twist. Very little vapour, no TH at 12mg...taste? I know a lot of people love the stuff but I couldn't vape it. Too much menthol and if I didn't know it is strawberry I would've thought it's some kind of jam. Basically to me it tastes like unknown jam with lots of menthol. Sorry for negative review, I'm probably the only one who didn't like , I'm just trying to give my honest opinion. Have two more Paul's liquids to try, will see how they go. Ps. Sorry Paul, I told you my taste buds are bastards ;)

Nonamigo wrote: »
    Tried Paul's strawberry kick. In agr cartotank with lr boge on twist. Very little vapour, no TH at 12mg...taste? I know a lot of people love the stuff but I couldn't vape it. Too much menthol and if I didn't know it is strawberry I would've thought it's some kind of jam. Basically to me it tastes like unknown jam with lots of menthol. Sorry for negative review, I'm probably the only one who didn't like , I'm just trying to give my honest opinion. Have two more Paul's liquids to try, will see how they go. Ps. Sorry Paul, I told you my taste buds are bastards ;)

Not worry mate everybody's taste buds are different and as much as it pains me; I have to accept that not everyone is going to like them all.

how does the saying go

You can please
    All of the people some of the time,
    Some of the people all the time,
    but never all of the people all of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭ben36

jamie72 wrote: »
    Ben, can you link to the 'smooth'?

Sorry,can't see it on BV.I get it directly from Hangsen.If you use 12mg pm me your address and I'll post some over to ya

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I'm smoking it on my iTaste vv with an iclear 16 and I get a **** load of vapor. Its not one of my favourites tastes but I like it cause its not too sweet or strong and can go at it all day :)

Limenade is the same

Sorry,can't see it on BV.I get it directly from Hangsen.If you use 12mg pm me your address and I'll post some over to ya

Nah, I leave it ben, thanks for the offer. Got a sample of 555 to try instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I'm vaping a sample of Eden from HoL and its a nice vape. Gotta say though, it just tastes like cigarillos to me? I don't get much if any apple off it. Nice though. Got another couple of samples to try too.

Funny thing, next day it tasted like apples....go figure.....

The forest fruits is lovely too. Both are 12mg but satisfy a hell of a lot more than other 12mg juices. Kind of even a little bit strong for me but it means I'm vaping less often.

I've an apple sample too. It's a great store and I think I'll be making them my staple supplier. The juices really hit the spot.

Pauls Oraiste Baisteach.
    Cheers for the sample heli!

Another really nice juice if you like orange.It really reminds me of capri sun or the ornage part off a super split rather than a real orange, but for me thats great.Some orange juices just taste like the peel of an orange which isnt too pleasent imo.

Throathit-is what is to be expected off a 12mg, not cough your lungs up hard nor is it not there.
    Vapour-tonnes of it
    Flavour-Capri Sun

Thumbs up!

EDIT: am I getting a touch of menthol in there or am I going mad?

Pauls Oraiste Baisteach.
    Cheers for the sample heli!

Another really nice juice if you like orange.It really reminds me of capri sun or the ornage part off a super split rather than a real orange, but for me thats great.Some orange juices just taste like the peel of an orange which isnt too pleasent imo.

Throathit-is what is to be expected off a 12mg, not cough your lungs up hard nor is it not there.
    Vapour-tonnes of it
    Flavour-Capri Sun

Thumbs up!

EDIT: am I getting a touch of menthol in there or am I going mad?

Definitely Mad :P but yea just a tiny tiny drop cleans up the after taste.

Definitely Mad :P but yea just a tiny tiny drop cleans up the after taste.

PLEASE tell me you sent me a sample, I need to try capri-sun vape. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Taste is subjective. I personally love the stuff. Never was a big fan of menthol before trying this juice but now I am. I tried another menthol strawberry after trying Pauls strawberry kick but it wasn't mentholly or strawberry enough for me. The strawberry flavour is an after taste.

Regarding vapour I get loads. Just as much as any other juice I try. It's 60/40 pg/vg and most of the juices I vape are 50% vg and Paul strawberry kick makes pretty much the exact same vapour as a 50/50 blend. Maybe something boogey was up with your boge? Just thought I'd have to chime in and say about the vapour thing because it's definitely not the case with me.

StickyIcky wrote: »
    Taste is subjective. I personally love the stuff. Never was a big fan of menthol before trying this juice but now I am. I tried another menthol strawberry after trying Pauls strawberry kick but it wasn't mentholly or strawberry enough for me. The strawberry flavour is an after taste.

Regarding vapour I get loads. Just as much as any other juice I try. It's 60/40 pg/vg and most of the juices I vape are 50% vg and Paul strawberry kick makes pretty much the exact same vapour as a 50/50 blend. Maybe something boogey was up with your boge? Just thought I'd have to chime in and say about the vapour thing because it's definitely not the case with me.

Yeah, tons of vape for me as well. I didn't like the menthol kick (just not my thing) but thought the strawberry was fantastic. Are you using carts stickyicky? I think nonamigo is and I'd imagine that's what's killing it for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Capri sun!! That's nail-on-head for Paul's Oraiste :D I couldn't pin it down, I was thinking mi-wadi, but it is closer to capri-sun, at least on the inhale. On the exhale I get a more zesty, fanta flavour. I have to give it another go, but it was pleasant enough. I'm not the biggest fan of orange.

Strawberry kick - I wasn't sure on this one at the start, but it's a definite grower. Really like it now. The strawberry is subtle enough, not overpowering, and the menthol 'kick' is akin to an actual mint leaf, if you chucked a strawberry in your mouth and a sliver of mint leaf, you've got a good idea on how this tastes. It's refreshing.

Limeade! My personal fav of Paul's line, really juicy lime taste, very summery, has a hint of fizziness in there too.

I have started to add a few drops of the strawberry kick to the limeade and been vaping it pretty much daily, alongside other fav's of mine.

I got some new ones today that I'm trying out right now:

Ben Jonsons awesome sauce: Nebula - straight out the bottle this one is very nice. It's grape & lychee, but if I didn't know that I would have said grape/melon/cherry bubblegum! It's not cheap, at €12 per 15ml, but a nice wee treat. If you're a fan of bubblegum flavours, though this isn't touted as one, you'll love this.

Villain vapors: Ante up 18mg - A peppermint flavour, reckon it's a 70 VG, could be wrong, but clouds of vapor. Taste is a little dry, wouldn't be an all day but I'm not a huge menthol fan, bought this one for herself, but it's more pleasant than some of the harsher menthols out there.

Flavors by joe: Berry Koolada 18mg: A mixed berry flavour with a menthol kick. Not a million miles from Paul's strawberry kick tbh,in fact very similar. But more of a blackberry/raspberry

Triphammer zanzibar: Not sure about this one, I think it may require steeping. I get a spicey, almond taste, but it smells nicer than it tastes. I'll come back to that in a few days after it's steeped. Very dark liquids, as this one is, tend to need it more I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

Ben jonsons OR3O. Supposed to taste like oreo cookies. And it actually does. A bit too creamy tho. I love to eat oreo, just not sure if I like to vape it...will see:)
    I'd love to try more liquids from vaporium but the prices there rather expensive, some of them are going for 12 euro for 15ml or 20 yoyo for 30ml. So before I spend more money on juice I may not like I'd love to ask you guys what do you think of mr good vape pistachio man? Has anybody tried it?

I'm not real fond of bakery type juices. I just feel like something is missing, like texture, something to actually chew, when I vape them :D

The Vaporium juices aren't cheap,but they have some really nice ranges on there. I don't mind spending a little more on something I'll actually use. Spend many a yo-yo on cheap juices that just gathered dust in the press before either being binned sold or traded on.

That Vaporium juice looks really good.It's an awful shame about the price on the juice though,Vaping would be a very costly habit shopping there.

I'm tempted to try some of the other awesome sauces and villain vapors. They seem to have a lovely consistency, nice soft bottles, great for dripping. Juice flows freely enough to fill a clearo in seconds too. The ones I got produce clouds too.

[edit: nm,was comparing El Toro juice prices, but they are actually a lot cheaper per ml]

Well, the El Toro range are just as expensive, if not a little more, and plenty buy those regularly ;)

I'm tempted to try some of the other awesome sauces and villain vapors. They seem to have a lovely consistency, nice soft bottles, great for dripping. Juice flows freely enough to fill a clearo in seconds too. The ones I got produce clouds too.
    For the amount of El Toro you get compared to those juices however,the el toro stuff is much better value.

That Mr.Goodvape looks real good,12 euro for 15ml though,thats 3 days vaping for me.

Yeah, i corrected it, you're too quick for me though :D

The El Toro juices are actually almost half the price per ml :/

Some of the vaporium ones are definitely treats, not ones you'd buy weekly.

The flavorz by Joe range aren't too bad @ €5 per 10ml,

Yeah, i corrected it, you're too quick for me though :D

The El Toro juices are actually almost half the price per ml :/

Some of the vaporium ones are definitely treats, not ones you'd buy weekly.

The flavorz by Joe range aren't too bad @ €5 per 10ml,

Some of the flavours actually look nice,they're low on stock though i might throw an order in.I'd imagine they'd be comparable to the wingnuts stuff.

Does anybody know a vendor in ireland selling the trip hammer juices?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Must try something from the vaporium sometime, some lovely sounding juices. Some are seriously expensive though, I much prefer to buy 10ml bottles at least at first to try the juice out so as I don't end up paying for 20ml of juice that I don't like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Does anybody know a vendor in ireland selling the trip hammer juices?

I would like to know this too. Vape escape are totally out of the wham bar in everything except 24mg.

Advertisement