Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Reviews - Liquid

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭nuttyboy79

J Mysterio wrote: »

I previously had a banana bread from 'Phoenix' (picked up at Vapefest), which was amazing and hoped twould be similar!

6/10

I have a bottle of that here just a bit gone out of it do you want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭moonboy52

A great way to speed up steeping times is a Sonic Cleaner.

I got the Aldi €25 one. Great for cleaning ones equipment too

MBV Needs a good month steeping time in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

nuttyboy79 wrote: »
    I have a bottle of that here just a bit gone out of it do you want it.

Yes please sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

moonboy52 wrote: »
    A great way to speed up steeping times is a Sonic Cleaner.

I got the Aldi €25 one. Great for cleaning ones equipment too

MBV Needs a good month steeping time in my opinion.

I remember him (Nathan) saying he was getting a machine to speed up the process but Id tend to agree with you. At least 2 weeks anyway....

Found another few old samples last night from MBV, must try them in a dripper and see have they improved.

Took a delivery yesterday of 5X30ml of my all day vape Wingnuts nut juice. They looked like the postman mixed it up en route!!! Totally different colour than it should be. Glad I ordered early now...

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Received 100 ml of hangsen gold and silver. First impressions are gank. Smell is sickly, taste is sickening and after-taste is nauseating. Mixed with red astaire with no improvement. Ending up washing out the mini nauti and changing the coil to rid the unit of the smell/taste of the new liquid to stop me gagging. (Actually stopped vaping for over 4 hrs, so this is a great aide to stop vaping.)

Do not know if this is just me, or if steeping will help. Anyone any advice or should I just pass on to family/friends?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

No help here sorry, I hate tobacco flavours.
    There are plenty of good Hangsen fruit flavours, try those instead.
    Mint Strawberry, Lemon & Lime, Watermelon are the three I used to vape a lot.
    Simple and cheap flavours, all are ready to vape immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

I had an identical experience with hangsen "golden tree" (amber leaf.) I think their imitation of real tobacco products are just absolutely horrific. Mine hasn't improved in a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

What do ye mean by steeping?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

I bought a number of different 100 ml hangsen tobacco juices over the last year. Regardless of whether or not I steeped them they all tasted literally the exact same - s#ite !
    I bought a couple of 30ml bottles of Desert Ship at different times. Tasted completely different. Not bad at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

I bought some Hangsen RY6, I like their RY4 so presumed this would be 2 parts better :rolleyes:, and out of the bottle it was pretty rank. Went back to it about 6 weeks later in an emergency and it had mellowed out pretty nicely in fairness. Vaped it all. Their tobaccos are an acquired taste though, they're borderline NETs.

I bought some juice today and it's the watery-ist juice I've ever seen. It's unbelievable. The label says 60pg but it's just insane. I've put it in a hot bath, if juice isn't steeped is it a lot thinner?

EDIT: This really helped, 4 hours later the flavour at least is way better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The higher the PG ratio, the thinner the liquid usually. Steeping just helps oxidise, draw out the flavour and smoothen the liquid, less chance of the juice burning when coiled ... in lay man's terms really.

I've gone off high PG juices. Going for higher VG lately, I find them tastier and you get better vapour production in general, and I don't get the odd headache I was getting from PG juices.

Recent juices:

Velvet cloud: monkey business - An organic, high VG juice [as I think all of their juices are] - if you like banana/coffe/choc flavours, this one is not over powering, the banana is quite subtle, it tastes to me like a banana choc smoothie with a hint of caramle [the fudge I guess], I don't really get coffee, but apparently it's banana, fudge, coffee and 'cake batter' :/ - it's pretty good, I'd actually prefer if the banana was more pronounced. I think theor juices are 80/20 vg/pg

G2 Vapour: Mr. Cookie - A few months back I wouldn't touch a biscuit/bakery juice, they just weren't for me. But lately I've been broadening my horions when it comes to juices. I'll try anything bar a tobacco now. I was all about sweets for a long time, now I'm after bakery/custardy juices :) this one is exactly as you might expect. More on the shortbread side to me, than a cookie, but it's not overly sweet or dry, like others I tried in the past. A pleasant side vape, not an all day for me at least, but lovely with a cuppa! As far as I am aware, this is 60% VG

Gremiln juice - Vanilla overload - I got this as a free sample when I bought some other juices at i_vape, navan ... [great shop btw] - and though I love vanilla, I didn't think i would love this juice - I've tried custard/vanilla juices in the past, even the best known ones, and none of them blew me away. This is gorgeous though, so smooth and creamy, really pleasant and moreish! So nice in fact, that I was online soon as I emptied the bottle to find more of their juices. If you like custard and/or vanilla, you got to try this one at some point. I foind they have another similar, Vanilla custard, which I have ordered, along with their white gremlin and strawberry shortcake, and hope to have those to try out early next week. But Vanilla overload is a win! on Cloud Vapor you can choose your prefered ratio, I went 80/20 VG/PG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

New Liqua Virginia Tobacco 6mg

Very nice mellow tobacco juice. Moderately sweet with a slight raisiny flavour I get from a few tobacco flavours, Decent throat hit for the nic level.

Best Liqua flavour I've had so far. Great ADV.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭nuttyboy79

New Liqua Virginia Tobacco 6mg

Very nice mellow tobacco juice. Moderately sweet with a slight raisiny flavour I get from a few tobacco flavours, Decent throat hit for the nic level.

Best Liqua flavour I've had so far. Great ADV.

Tastes exactly like Golden Virginia smells in the pouch to me, a friend of mine has gone through 30ml since Friday mixed with a touch of menthol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

nuttyboy79 wrote: »
    Tastes exactly like Golden Virginia smells in the pouch to me, a friend of mine has gone through 30ml since Friday mixed with a touch of menthol.

Sounds nice. I think I'll give it a try. I do like their Turkish Tobacco too, but the liquid itself is very strong smelling, like you end up reeking of the stuff yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

TinCool wrote: »
    Sounds nice. I think I'll give it a try. I do like their Turkish Tobacco too, but the liquid itself is very strong smelling, like you end up reeking of the stuff yourself.

Found it pretty mellow (in a good way) tbh. Not overpowering at all

• Registered Users Posts: 39 noelyf

Monaco 6 - Cocoa Coffee is my latest juice, Just like hot chocolate....lovely in an atlantis:)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Deag4

Spent ages looking for a tobacco taste. Gave up. Love t juice vamp vape and red Astaire . Looking for a good custard. Any ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

. Colonel custard from tjuice wasn't for me, nor was grants vanilla custard. i've heard good things about abc from chefs vapour in uk, I'm gonna get a small bottle with my next concentrate order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Allan45121 wrote: »
    . Colonel custard from tjuice wasn't for me, nor was grants vanilla custard. i've heard good things about abc from chefs vapour in uk, I'm gonna get a small bottle with my next concentrate order.

If you still have those custards I'll buy them off you, or I have a pile of gear if you want a trade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

When I said they weren't for me, I didn't mean they were horrible... I did soldier on and finish the 2 bottles ;-) but they just took a little while longer to empty than most!
    Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Allan45121 wrote: »

Here are two custards I use...

http://artisan-eliquid.com/product/creme-brulee/ I just ordered 2 x 30ml 24mg bottles...€27 delivered.Beautiful stuff.

http://www.vapingking.co.uk/kings-custard This is more creamier & a great custard,they also do this custard in 10ml pre-steeped,I have tried all their custardy flavours & Kings Custard imo is the best of them.

I am not a great lover of Grants,I would vape it no problem if I got it cheaper,the British Pound is really taking the piss or is it the Euro that is sh**e.

Bought colonel custard. Very weak. Mixed at 20 %. Steeped for a month. Still weak. I'm too cheap to order from the uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I can recommend a lovely custard juice: Gremlin juice - Vanilla custard

It's lush. It smells and tastes precisely like a very creamy vanilla custard, not overpowering, no cheap/synthetic taste, needs a bit of a steep but not very long. I left mine a week and it's vaping grand. I guess it was pre-steeped/bottled. I got it from CloudhouseVapor

Great prices on there too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Ordered some liquids from diabloeliquids. com.

He threw in a bottle of 666 Park Avenue, which is a strawberry cheesecake flavour.

I'm not one for cheesecake flavours at all, hate them generally. This one, however, is lovely. Just a hint of strawberries and cookie, and not too sweet. I like that his juices are 50/50 too, much less harsh on my throat than the 70/30 I usually use.

Surprising myself by saying I'd definitely order it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Ordered some liquids from diabloeliquids. com.

He threw in a bottle of 666 Park Avenue, which is a strawberry cheesecake flavour.

I'm not one for cheesecake flavours at all, hate them generally. This one, however, is lovely. Just a hint of strawberries and cookie, and not too sweet. I like that his juices are 50/50 too, much less harsh on my throat than the 70/30 I usually use.

Surprising myself by saying I'd definitely order it again.

I use his liquids in drippers & the two I love is the 666 Park Avenue & Falling Skies & perception,OH! thats three,supernatural tastes like an out of date Turkish Delight,I made a mistake & put it in a T3S,I realized later that I ordered all his liquids at 6mg to be used with sub ohm RDA's,so it is very weak inside a T3S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I use his liquids in drippers & the two I love is the 666 Park Avenue & Falling Skies & perception,supernatural tastes like an out of date Turkish Delight,I made a mistake & put it in a T3S,I realized later that I ordered all his liquids at 6mg to be used with sub ohm RDA's,so it is very weak inside a T3S.

I have yet to try perception, although I have a bottle of it at home. Quite liked highlander too.

Triphammer - Fruit Pastilles

An easy 9/10 for me. I cannot say more than it tastes just like a mouthful of pastilles.

Triphammer - Strawberry

Probably an 8/10. It does not taste artificial at all. More like a Strawberry Jam flavour.

Both are 70VG/30PG and my Nautilus has no problem keeping up with the Pastilles.

Where can you buy concentrates for diy. Been using ez smoke t juice. Would like to try others

• Advertisement

Deag4 wrote: »
    Where can you buy concentrates for diy. Been using ez smoke t juice. Would like to try others

There are loads of places but if you want to buy locally John Curran has a decent supply:

http://www.picknmixdiy.com/

Advertisement