Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Reviews - Liquid

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Sounds a lot like me too TinCool. I do the research, watch and read tonnes of reviews, then decide to go for it and wait [im]patiently. It doesn't always turn out so great as expected. I've bought some terrible juices over the past 2 years. But lately, things have gotten much better I feel. The overall quality of e-juices has improved significantly - and I think nowadays, if I buy a premium juice, I know it'll be good. Maybe not precisely what I'm after, but there's no more chucking in the bin ...certainly not for €20+ a bottle!!

I couldn't get on with a lot of the cheaper juices, I did try over time, just to have some I would happily vape daily and then have the pricier ones as a treat, at weekends or whatever. But ended up giving many of them away. I'm not sure which is worse in the long run? Buying expensive juices I'll love, or buying cheaper ones I won't like to give away ... :D

I have found Mountbakervapor juices to be decent enough for cheap. So I'm in the process of trying out a variety of their flavours. I do realise many of them are to be culled though, so will have to keep an eye on that. But for now, they work out good value, so long as you buy in advance. As they are made to order, they almost always require steeping, for at least a week.

I read all about the diacetyl issue with some buttery flavour juices, I would like to think that has all been sorted/improved upon? I'm not going to over worry on it anyway, I change flavours regular enough. In the last few weeks alone I've gone through various custards, banana creams and other choc/fudge/cream desert types, fruits and sweets and onto the butterscotch atm, with some more sherbet fruit juices on the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭dasdog

Alternative Smoking Virginia (9mg)

Best I've tried yet but I'm only three months 100% post analogue, don't like sweet things and have been sticking mainly to the Italian liquids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 WarmT

So finished all my ordering for a while and have built myself up a nice starter selection of liquids that should tide me over.

New to vaping, using 2 x Nautilus Minis @ 1.8ohm bvc coil thingies and usually vape around 4v and using third biggest air hole, with an E-leaf mini istick express (10w) and an E-leaf 30w istick.

There's no real point me going higher watts with the Nautilus minis so what I'm getting from these liquids may either be ideal or not enough, I dunno but I'm happy enough.
    Gonna get a Lemo 2 next month if I can.

I primarily do mouth to lung as I'm still only off the smokes less than 2 weeks so the lungs can't cope with direct to lung yet.

I'm no pro reviewer so these really are just my own quick thoughts on what I've tried so far from what I've ordered over the last week or so.

With the exception of the Diablo liquids (ordered direct from them), everything ordered from TheBestShop and E-SmokeIreland.
    All vendors prompt delivery.
    TBS threw in free 10ml of Krunchberry from mom & pops vapor.

Used "boards" 10% discount on ESI and "irishvape" 10% discount on TBS.

Used both "Irish Vaping" and "40 days of 40" discounts codes together on Diablo E-Liquid for a total of 50% off!

Anyway...

---

T-Juice -- Red Astaire 30ml (16mg) - 12.95 euro
    (80pg/20vg)

I'm currently vaping this right now and it's not too bad.
    It smells very strong in the bottle and it's taste seems to linger a lot in your mouth afterwards.

Very little vape cloud (presume that's the low VG content) but the flavour/taste is strong. Not overpowering strong either, seems just about right.

I'm getting the taste of menthol and blackcurrant primarily, a hint of the anise too.

It reminds me of those blackcurrant lemsips.

Smooth vape, not harsh at all, nice throat hit.

I like this one a lot, just seems to be balanced really well and even if it does remind me of blackcurrant lemsips I can see myself flying through this one.

Edit: After a couple days vaping this my chest and throat feel sore, throat especially. Nicotine content feels higher than that stated and I think the high PG content negatively effected me.
    So, bare that in mine for yourself before you purchase this one.

---

G2 Vapor (Prime) -- Drunk Monkey 30ml (18mg) - 19.50 euro! (30pg/70vg)

So an expensive "prime" liquid this one and all natural ingredients so comes with warning that it doesn't play well with plastic tanks if that's what you use.

I'm tasting strong and very nice creamy banana with a slight taste of rum, which I think is just about what they say themselves is what's in it.
    It reminds me of a really nice banana toffee of some sort.

Very very smooth vape, nice throat hit but not too harsh either, especially considering I picked a high nicotine content.
    Huge vape cloud from this and I guess that's from the high VG content.

Even from mouth to lung hits the cloud is big, so much so that I've found it leaving water vapor droplets on my nose hair if I happen to exhale out my nose (a nice reminder to shave my nose hairs maybe!).
    Can only imagine the exhale leaving a guy with a moustache dripping of vapor, which must be annoying or maybe it's a cool thing for some, I dunno.

It is a lovely liquid, it really is nice but I just don't think it's worth nearly 20 euro but that's just me.
    I've not tried similar tasting liquids so can't compare if it's worth the premium price over similar tasting.

There's some extended highly praising reviews out there for this liquid if you search around as well as for the maker and their facilities.

---

I'll come back as I get time and throw up quick reviews of the others I've bought and vaped as I go along.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Lolling at the wet nose hair!
    I've a beard myself and yes, vaping = wet moustache, kissing wife = 'eeew get away from me' (well, more than usual).

I want to try Red Astaire, but at 80 PG, no thanks! I've been told that there will be a 60/40 version of it soon. That might be a little easier on the system. I think PG drives my indigestion/hernia/stomach mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I think PG drives my indigestion/hernia/stomach mad.

I'm starting to think the same. I was getting bad heartburn for a few weeks recently, then I bought a load of quality juice: G2, Cosmic Fog and Triphammer, all around 60% VG and I haven't had any heartburn since.

Could be down to something else but I'm blaming the PG for now.

I want to try Red Astaire, but at 80 PG, no thanks! I've been told that there will be a 60/40 version of it soon. That might be a little easier on the system. I think PG drives my indigestion/hernia/stomach mad.

Yeah I didn't know what the ratio was when I bought it from e-smokeireland as it doesn't mention it on their site and unreadable on the bottle. Had to check the makers website afterwards to get the ratio.

After vaping it a couple days now, my chest and throat actually feel like they've taken a beating.

The bvc coil in the Nautilus mini also sounds like it's spitting.

My chest and throat pain could also be down to side effects coming off the smokes or the high nicotine in the liquid, which feels a lot higher than that stated.

I dunno but after a couple days vaping it, I'm gone off it completely now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I've found that I have the opposite problem!

Started buying more expensive juice, at 70/30 vg/pg and my stomach is in bits from them. 50/50 is fine, but higher vg gives me a very dodgy tummy. Gonna deal with it though because I'm not giving up on vape swag juice

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

WarmT wrote: »
    Yeah I didn't know what the ratio was when I bought it from e-smokeireland as it doesn't mention it on their site and unreadable on the bottle. Had to check the makers website afterwards to get the ratio.

After vaping it a couple days now, my chest and throat actually feel like they've taken a beating.

The bvc coil in the Nautilus mini also sounds like it's spitting.

My chest and throat pain could also be down to side effects coming off the smokes or the high nicotine in the liquid, which feels a lot higher than that stated.

I dunno but after a couple days vaping it, I'm gone off it completely now.

I had similar problems with the nautilus mini giving me a scratchy throat and tight chest. Same juice was fine in other tanks. Have you tried the juice in another tank? I couldn't overcome the issues and swapped it, it's a shame because it vapes well.

I had similar problems with the nautilus mini giving me a scratchy throat and tight chest. Same juice was fine in other tanks. Have you tried the juice in another tank? I couldn't overcome the issues and swapped it, it's a shame because it vapes well.

Interesting, thanks.
    No not tried another tank yet, only kind of new to vaping really.
    I'll hang on to the juice though as I plan on getting a Lemo 2 when they're available next month or so, will give it a try in that and see how it goes.

• Advertisement

I've found that I have the opposite problem!

Started buying more expensive juice, at 70/30 vg/pg and my stomach is in bits from them. 50/50 is fine, but higher vg gives me a very dodgy tummy. Gonna deal with it though because I'm not giving up on vape swag juice

My missus is experiencing same. Lately we've been using high VG juices, I've had cramps myself but putting it down more to diet. But she reckons it could be the juice causing her issues. She's going to lay off the vaping for a bit to see if anything improves, so I'll let her do guinea pig while I continue to vape away ... hey, it's her idea ... :D

But high PG is definitely a no-no for me. I remember experiencing mad headaches, chest pains, nauseousness - now, I was on 18-24mg at the time, and vaping heavy, mostly tobacco juices too - but i didn't know what high PG meant. And I was on high nic for the TH. There wasn't great tanks about then for lower nic, higher VG juices. I'm down to 6mg now, and if I moved to the sub-ohm type tanks completely, I could drop to 3mg for good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

My missus is experiencing same. Lately we've been using high VG juices, I've had cramps myself but putting it down more to diet. But she reckons it could be the juice causing her issues. She's going to lay off the vaping for a bit to see if anything improves, so I'll let her do guinea pig while I continue to vape away ... hey, it's her idea ... :D

But high PG is definitely a no-no for me. I remember experiencing mad headaches, chest pains, nauseousness - now, I was on 18-24mg at the time, and vaping heavy, mostly tobacco juices too - but i didn't know what high PG meant. And I was on high nic for the TH. There wasn't great tanks about then for lower nic, higher VG juices. I'm down to 6mg now, and if I moved to the sub-ohm type tanks completely, I could drop to 3mg for good.

I did a test on myself with high vg juice!

With the dodgy stomach I had, it lasted a week. After that, I tested myself by only using high pg juice and was absolutely fine. Really odd.

With high pg, I'm using 6mg myself and hoping to switch to 3 once I get a decent sub ohm setup

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Didn't know the Red Astaire was so high in PG.
    I'm vaping the 8mg at the moment, and the very similar 'Black & Blue' and don't find it very harsh at all (in a kayfun lite plus at 1.4ohm).
    I did try B&B in the Sub Tank at 0.5ohm and it was way too powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Why don't you make your own?

This is a quick guide I put together for one of the other guys here that wanted to start mixing his own.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057342826

Yeah, I considered that, but then thought ... I'm too lazy and likely to mess it up or be unsatisfied with my own juices I'll end up abandoning it and just buy more pre-made stuff. Then I'd be left with another batch of bottles and gear I don't need :/

I admire those who take the time and effort to DIY but I don't think it's for me tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

TinCool wrote: »
    To be fair, I've tried an awful lot of juice over the years, having emptied out my juice drawer on more than one occasion of horrendous stuff.

I've come to the conclusion that you may find a premium juice that is the bomb, but what's the point when the stuff is so expensive.

It usually goes like this.

Ooh, I'd love to try some new juice. So off I go, read some bulletin boards, reviews and decide on a couple of new juices. I place an order usually of 10mls of said new juices. Now I've got something to look forward to. Sitting at my desk in work waiting with impatience for reception to tell me that my vape mail has arrived. Stroll casually to reception and get back to my desk. Open the package and revel over the bottle. Wow, its a bottle. Take off the cap and have a whiff, and think "meh, I hope it tastes nicer than that" or "oh great another nutty juice" or "it smells like digestives, it's going to taste like one".

Fill up a tank or whatever and take a toot and think "mmm, well that was a complete waste of money/time". Or the other side is, "this stuff is the bomb" and two weeks later the vapers tongue sets in or you just go completely off it and go back to the average priced menthol or tobacco juice that you've always used.

Me, I still do order new stuff from time to time, but I mostly vape hangsen spearmint and liqua french pipe and golden viriginia. Why ? Cos it's cheap, relatively decent quality, get a decent throat hit from it and it tastes nice (for me anyway).

Very similar to my story. What I find is most of the premium e-juices are mostly VG making it quite thick. Subsequently after a couple of days my atty is clogged up as the juice is too thick. I read somewhere you should distill the juice to thin it out but seems like a way too much work.

I always return to American Blend Liqua. Does the job.

The distilled water thing - do you just chuck some drops of it in the bottle and shake it up? Heard a few people mention distilled water and/or alcohol in relation to high VG juices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I steeped the bottle of Ginger Bread for a month & it tasted like "Dentine" if anyone remembers that,similar to a Dentist's mouthwash,wasted 3 Nautilus coils thinking it might be a bad batch of coils,I used the coils from 3 different batches,but it was the juice,no ginger in the taste.
    Emailed them & waiting on reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

mccard wrote: »
    I always return to American Blend Liqua. Does the job.

I haven't tried american blend liqua. Is there any similarities to the french pipe, turkish or golden virginia ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

I steeped the bottle of Ginger Bread for a month & it tasted like "Dentine" if anyone remembers that,similar to a Dentist's mouthwash,wasted 3 Nautilus coils thinking it might be a bad batch of coils,I used the coils from 3 different batches,but it was the juice,no ginger in the taste.
    Emailed them & waiting on reply.

Useful tip is to buy a 510 dripping atomizer. Not easy to get in Ireland though. Cloud9 in the UK always has them,

http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/51052LV-S

Cloudhouse is handy with the various 5ml sample options and try them out that way. I must have gone through the whole range when I started vaping.

Actually had a quick look there and found a Bauway version, probably the best out there

http://www.thealchemistscupboard.co.uk/product/bauway%20510%20bridgless%20atomizer

• Advertisement

TinCool wrote: »
    I haven't tried american blend liqua. Is there any similarities to the french pipe, turkish or golden virginia ?

Nothing like them when I taste tested them. American doesn't really taste like tobacco at all but I do like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

Yeah, its a distinctive taste but not too strong. Its nice, well worth a try, good TH. I find French Pipe way too sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Trond wrote: »
    Useful tip is to buy a 510 dripping atomizer. Not easy to get in Ireland though. Cloud9 in the UK always has them,

http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/51052LV-S

Cloudhouse is handy with the various 5ml sample options and try them out that way. I must have gone through the whole range when I started vaping.

Actually had a quick look there and found a Bauway version, probably the best out there

http://www.thealchemistscupboard.co.uk/product/bauway%20510%20bridgless%20atomizer

I have both of these & others like the 306 bridge & bridgless,as you said,these are handy for testing out juices,I had no time for samples as there was 20% off the liquids at the time.
    He said he will replace the bottle with my choice of liquid in my next order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

mccard wrote: »
    Yeah, its a distinctive taste but not too strong. Its nice, well worth a try, good TH. I find French Pipe way too sweet.

I'll give it a bash with my next eliquid order

Hangsen Butterscotch

If I thiught there was a market for it I would rrelabel this as "Premium Paper flavoured eliquid"

There are probably a million things that this tastes more like than butterscotch, and the only reason I'm not going to list them all is for boards bandwidth. Honest

I don't think I have ever had a decent Hangsen liquid. I tried loads of them when I started out, and Liqua ... and all the ones I tried were terrible really.

I have a bottle of MVB butterscotch steeping here and it smells great, but giving it a few more days. I also have Coval Vape's buttercotch pudding, which is pretty good. Can't beat Claim your throne for butterscotch though, bar the price.

Funny you should say that about Hangsen, because they made the worst liquid I'd ever vaped, golden tree/amber leaf. Until today that is when I tried another Hangsen, got a tester from Bargainvapour.com. Irish Cream. This literally tastes like vomit, sorry for being disgusting but unfortunately that's not an exaggeration or metaphor.

Oh I'd believe it, because I've had some vile juices over time. Had one that smelled like alcohol and urine one time ... aye - and that was after a steeping ... rubber, metal, plastic, perfume, oil, grass! ... just some other delightful surprise flavours I've had :D not a bit even close to what they were supposed to be.

Mostly earlier on in my vape journey though. There was a lot of trial and error going on with some of the indie vendors at the time, buyers were like guinea pigs for the juices :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Bought this in the vape cafe today

http://smokedifferent.ie/product/cuttwood-boss-reserve/

Thought it was nice in the shop using a protank but its fantastic with a dripper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

What is the nicest tobacco flavour? The only one iv tried was wicked rolling blend. I really like it but its a bit expensive in the off license where I get it. Is there any ejuice that tastes like amber leaf?

Advertisement