Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Reviews - Liquid

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Dr Bill

What is regarded as 'premium juice' and is it worth the cost.?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Dr Bill wrote: »

Personally I think so. Some people don't seem to notice the difference between "premium" and "standard" juices at all, I think its down to a number of factors.

Obviously individual taste is a huge factor. I've friends who seem oblivious to different flavours for some reason. I've found premium juices really come into their own in better tanks and especially using a dripper.

Take House of Liquids Frozen Orange as an example, in a kanger megatank its nice but with a dripper its one of best ive tasted. The difference in flavour is huge.

The biggest problem is separating what is actually worth it and what is something you could probably make up yourself if you had the patience!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Trond wrote: »
    Personally I think so. Some people don't seem to notice the difference between "premium" and "standard" juices at all, I think its down to a number of factors.

Obviously individual taste is a huge factor. I've friends who seem oblivious to different flavours for some reason. I've found premium juices really come into their own in better tanks and especially using a dripper.

Take House of Liquids Frozen Orange as an example, in a kanger megatank its nice but with a dripper its one of best ive tasted. The difference in flavour is huge.

The biggest problem is separating what is actually worth it and what is something you could probably make up yourself if you had the patience!

I tried the Frozen Orange a few years ago,but drippers were not plentiful,I did use it in a 306 but back then there were no power house batteries or coils to appreciate this juice,I did like the juice with the 306,with Cotton,low Ohms & high Wattage,I can imagine the fantastic taste.
    What nic strength are you using & what ohms have you got on your dripper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I'm using frozen orange at the moment, its gorgeous in the eGrip rba but I tried it with bvc coils and it not as tasty, the flavour is muted a lot.

Pity I can't get the rba to stop leaking.

EGriff wrote: »
    I'm using frozen orange at the moment, its gorgeous in the eGrip rba but I tried it with bvc coils and it not as tasty, the flavour is muted a lot.

This leak you are getting,is it from the Egrip RBA,is it fluid or condensation.

• Advertisement

I suppose my question should have been what denotes a premium juice,price,manufacturer,flavour or is it subjective to each individual's own taste thereby making one person's premium juice someone else's junk.:confused:

This leak you are getting,is it from the Egrip RBA,is it fluid or condensation.

Its juice leaking out the airhole in the bottom of the rba base. Its not a major leak more like a constant slow seeping. It's my wicking that's wrong rather than the device itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

I suppose my question should have been what denotes a premium juice,price,manufacturer,flavour or is it subjective to each individual's own taste thereby making one person's premium juice someone else's junk.:confused:

Hmm, it's a hard one. I would have said price before, but I'd consider Coval premium - and Cloudhouse sell that at Wingnuts prices - and I wouldn't have House of Liquid as premium even though that's probably more expensive now.

For me, premium just means (usually overpriced) American juices with an emphasis on style over substance imo. I personally find it hard to tell the difference between most of them - they all have a custard, a strawberry vanilla etc.

HoL on the other hand uses very advanced techniques to steep/create their tobaccos, I don't see any American juice cos doing this kind of thing. I'd personally rather pay more when i can see where the effort is rather than somebody's secret recipe (how different can custards really be?), but that's just my preference.

Five Pawns seem to be an extreme and exist in their own category where surely there's a possibility the whole thing is a behavioural experiment on consumerism/marketing.

Its juice leaking out the airhole in the bottom of the rba base. Its not a major leak more like a constant slow seeping. It's my wicking that's wrong rather than the device itself.

After taking a vape & I set the egrip back on the table,it always left a damp patch directly where the RBA airhole is,I haven't had a damp patch in months,after I take a vape,I give one blow down the drip tip & that clears the vapor from the air channel,hey presto,not a mark on the table.

I was going to buy a bottle of Frozen Orange,but they only sell 50ml at a time & the lowest nic is 10mg,bit too strong for sub ohming.

• Advertisement

I tried the Frozen Orange a few years ago,but drippers were not plentiful,I did use it in a 306 but back then there were no power house batteries or coils to appreciate this juice,I did like the juice with the 306,with Cotton,low Ohms & high Wattage,I can imagine the fantastic taste.
    What nic strength are you using & what ohms have you got on your dripper.

Using a magma at about 0.8ohms with 10mg nic.

Used a couple of other juices in it with 12mg nic and it was too much. You can get the Frozen Orange with .5mg nic as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

IMO, it's quality first, price second. I've found huge differences at times between 'premium' juice and what we'd think of as bog-standard/middle of the road juices. I find the high end juices rarely if ever require steeping, they are consistent - in that whenever you buy it, it's going to be exactly the same as last time, never got a 'dodgy' premium juice. Where with cheaper ones I've often got what I could only imagine was a bad batch. They usually taste great, if it's in around a flavour you think you might enjoy. Then, there's the price, they're expensive, but some would say they're worth it because of the quality. Some juices I really like are up to €24 per 30ml. Where I can get 150ml of decent enough juice for €40 on some sites.

Just off top of my head, some juices I'd consider premium: King's crown: Claim your throne, Bear Vapes: #05,

Trond wrote: »
    Using a magma at about 0.8ohms with 10mg nic.

Used a couple of other juices in it with 12mg nic and it was too much. You can get the Frozen Orange with .5mg nic as well.

I have searched their site for the 5mg but I can't find it,they offer 5 x 10ml for €29.95,is there a reason why they are selling it this way.

I have searched their site for the 5mg but I can't find it,they offer 5 x 10ml for €29.95,is there a reason why they are selling it this way.

Ah that's a shame, It was there last week as I was considering buy some more.

vie no idea what's up with the 5x10ml thing. I bought a batch there a while back, along with 5 or 6 other bottles from them. I ended with a sea of packaging and wet wipes!! Serious overkill on that side of things.

Not sure why that aren't selling bigger bottles anymore. I reckon theres been a change in ownership as originally it was only the English site you could order from. Then the Irish one appeared but has since disappeared again. The whole range is available through esmokeireland now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭nuttyboy79

I think they are trying to get ahead of legislation in the UK that'll stop selling of bottles bigger than 10ml and that's the cost difference is because it's 5 bottles.

nuttyboy79 wrote: »
    I think they are trying to get ahead of legislation in the UK that'll stop selling of bottles bigger than 10ml and that's the cost difference is because it's 5 bottles.

:eek::rolleyes::mad:

it'll stop the kids drinking it I suppose....

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Looked at those kits before, only held together by o-rings, which means no good in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

FISH STICK wrote: »
    looking at the prices people are paying for 30ml. WOW. I buy on-line from Ireland 14 euro for 100ml bottles. (bargainvapour.com)

Anybody here like FISH STICK?

Come on, don't be shy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

Hi there,

I'm considering ordering a few samples (6mg strength) from this list..

http://www.bargainvapour.com/5ml_Hangsen/p1274299_6354267.aspx

Can anyone advise on a particularly strong flavoured fruit one?

I like the strong fruit flavoured ones!

I'm vaping from a healthier choice starter kit e-cig.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

ceekay74 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'm considering ordering a few samples (6mg strength) from this list..

http://www.bargainvapour.com/5ml_Hangsen/p1274299_6354267.aspx

Can anyone advise on a particularly strong flavoured fruit one?

I like the strong fruit flavoured ones!

I'm vaping from a healthier choice starter kit e-cig.

Thanks!

My dear Wife and Son have tried many of the bargainvapour juices in the 5ml bottles and their favourites are blueberry, mint frost, cherry, strawberry, aniseed, mint strawberry, peach, melon in that order. The blueberry is also perfect in the 100ml size.

• Advertisement

I have to be honest here and say i wouldn't touch Hangsen or Dekang juices. No matter the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

They both do some good tobaccos IMO. Hangsens RY4 is as good as any I've had. Single fruit flavours are ok. Anything more complex is usually rotten in my experience.

I have to be honest here and say i wouldn't touch Hangsen or Dekang juices. No matter the price.

What would you recommend?

To date all I've tried are the 12ml juices that the healthier smoking stand sell for €5.

Hangsen mint strawberry is pretty nice (and I say that having tried a lot of more expensive stuff), the orange flavour is OK too.

Do not get the red cola flavour, disgusting.

To date all I've tried are the 12ml juices that the healthier smoking stand sell for €5.

For not much more you can get some decent enough juices online. I use Cloudhousevapor at the moment for cheaper juices. The Mt.bakervapor range are cheap, and not too bad at all. The juices do require steeping though. Well, the ones made to order. They have ready made juices on there too, some for €12 or so per 30ml.

I'm lucky enough, there's an iVape store just down the road from me so I'm never stuck for juices. Even their own brand I would say are much better than Hangsen or healthier smoke or wicked. They're about €5 per 10ml. They go steadily up from there, like pink spot juices for €6.99 12ml, and on to more expensive ones. But they stock some great juices. Just depends on what you're willing to pay. I've paid up to €25 for 30ml, but that would be a treat! And would be juices I can try before I buy [another bonus with shops like that]

I used to buy nothing but hangsen, dekang, liqua etc when I started but after trying more expensive stuff I couldn't go back. I believe there's a big difference in quality. Some just don't want to spend the bit extra, and you don't have to ... that's the great thing about choices. Just look about on the Irish vendor's sites even. Most will have the juice out to you within 2 days.

Diablo juices are .......different. Fizzy,fruity,fresh, my favourite out of their range is Highlander but I don't think I'd be stocking up with 100ml bottles if they were available, a bit too zingy (if there's such a word) for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Received an email from Wicked (makers of the juice that's sold at the 'healthier smoking stands'). Some of their juice is on sale at the moment.

http://us10.campaign-archive1.com/?u=421a62edfdcde8915eb942e07&id=dcab4f1c02&e=b31243daec

I hope the link works.

I'm lucky enough, there's an iVape store just down the road from me

Are you in dublin? I like the idea of sampling a juice before buying!

Edit: Are there many places in dublin to sample juice before buying? Only one I know is the heathier smoker place in tallaght.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

Are you in dublin? I like the idea of sampling a juice before buying!

Pretty much all of the shops will let you try out samples.

• Advertisement

Just look about on the Irish vendor's sites even.

Which Irish ones would you order from?

Advertisement