Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electrical equipment - where to buy?

• 26-07-2011 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

the wiring loom on my bike is a total mess and I gonna have to repair it from the ground up. So the question is where does one buy/order wires, terminals, connectors etc. I gonna need 1mm^2 or 1.5mm^2 flex thinwall wire in 17 different colors and probably a few other bits and bobs.

I know I can get the stuff from the Uk or Europe at about 35 Cent per metre but I dont want to wait a week or so for it. Ideally I would like to sort this out over the weekend. So ideally I'd like to buy/order this in Ireland, but I don't want to pay ridiculous money either which unfortunately is still far too common here.

Anyone know a place?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I was looking for much the same thing, unfortunately I think your only real option is mail order.
    Unfortunately Ireland is too small to have a decent selection when it comes to this kind of thing, I could be proved wrong, but I just buy this stuff online well before time and keep it until needed.
    If you don't have these links already...

Louis has good electrical stuff including the hard to get bullet connectors with clear PVC sleeves and Japanese multiplugs OEM style
    VWP in the UK has a decent selection of wire including traced stuff which is difficult to get elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Thanks CJ,

I have used both suppliers before for various things and I just ordered from VWP for the wires and Louis for the connectors as I need some other thing from them anyways.
    I was hoping though I might get the stuff in before the weekend, but thats not going to happen now. On the upside I'll get exactly what I need in all the right colours etc.

Advertisement