Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

masters in social work

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mareliada

mamatee12 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    pls am looking for a practice teacher for my work placement. I study social work degree at Robert Gordon university in Scotland and to the school procedure befoe the intake, we meant to get our placement and practice teacher on our own and the school we fund it. i mean pay the practice teacher for the duration of my placement. i live in Dublin but its really hard to find private practice teacher. pls i need ur help
    Thats hard having to find yr own, esp if it is at same times as the universities do placements here, which is sept-dec and jan- apr as it is hard enough for them to get all the placements they need. Hav u tried other online sw forums? The iasw?
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭chris_john_lane

Is there a one year Masters course in Social Work?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Roberta88

Is there a one year Masters course in Social Work?

Not too sure about the UK, but I know all of them in Ireland are full time two year coursesi

Which courses in Ireland are one year?

Roberta88 wrote: »
    Not too sure about the UK, but I know all of them in Ireland are full time two year coursesi

Which courses in Ireland are one year?

Sorry that was my mistake I meant to write two years there's none in Ireland that's one

• Advertisement

When they say "full time" is this a couple of days a week 9-5 or is it 5 days a week?

When they say "full time" is this a couple of days a week 9-5 or is it 5 days a week?

In first year yes it's 5 days a week 9-5 and 2nd year it varies, and colleges vary with their timetables also,I'm currently in second year in UCD and im only in 3-4 days a week and you get December off to study/ do assignments and then theirs placement from January to the middle of April and that's all full time aswell then last two weeks of April your in classes

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aishat

i was just wondering if anyone had a reading list for the MA in social work in Ucd, am starting in September and am trying to imagine the workload.

aishat wrote: »
    i was just wondering if anyone had a reading list for the MA in social work in Ucd, am starting in September and am trying to imagine the workload.

They will give you a reading list in sept when you start but I looked a lot at Pamela Trevithick and Neil Thompson for the interview and before I started. It's not all that bad you will enjoy it I literally just finished it up in April, the two years fly.

Advertisement