Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burns Dog Food

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

35notout wrote: »
    Switched my lad over from Royal Canin to Burns this week - he loves it!

However he seems to need more - or is constantly looking for more food. I'll up the dose a little, which is no harm as he is very underweight. I got him in the pound and he was skin and bone

he weights 20kgs and I was feeding him 220g a day - half in morning and half in evening. He is still looking for more - he used to leave the RC!

I also feed my dog on Burns. He weighs about 20kg so I was feeding him the RDA of 220g a day, but I think I should be giving him more as sometimes he looks a bit thin.
    How much more do you think I could give him without overfeeding him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

35notout wrote: »
    Switched my lad over from Royal Canin to Burns this week - he loves it!

However he seems to need more - or is constantly looking for more food. I'll up the dose a little, which is no harm as he is very underweight. I got him in the pound and he was skin and bone

he weights 20kgs and I was feeding him 220g a day - half in morning and half in evening. He is still looking for more - he used to leave the RC!

When did you get the dog? If he has been fed RC (or another high protein food) for a while you cannot just suddenly go from 30% protein to 18%, this is why the dog is hungry, it's having protein withdrawal symptoms! If there is a big drop like this in protein levels you need to switch the foods very gradually over a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭crally

i feed my dogs Burns as one of my dogs had hot spots, Burns has gotten rid of this. They dont feed intensively farmed chickens which is the reason why i buy it but it obviously pays off. zooplus.uk is the cheapest place that i have found 78Ster for 2 15kg bags.

Advertisement