Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what do you guys think- boxing tat

Options
  • 26-07-2011 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi guys, just wondering whats your opinion on a tattoo of a pair of boxing gloves with some writing underneath, about to get my first tattoo , it would be in black and grey on my shoulder blade,

as the day gets closer though im starting to reconsider getting it done- boxing gloves are they too common - send out the wrong message etc.

Whats your opinion
    negatitive or positive appreciated :)

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

roome19b wrote: »
    Hi guys, just wondering whats your opinion on a tattoo of a pair of boxing gloves with some writing underneath, about to get my first tattoo , it would be in black and grey on my shoulder blade,

as the day gets closer though im starting to reconsider getting it done- boxing gloves are they too common - send out the wrong message etc.

Whats your opinion
    negatitive or positive appreciated :)

Thanks
    probably the most common of all boxer tattoos

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Agreed that it is quite common.

Then again, some traditional tattoo motifs never go out of style ... 'Homeward bound' ships, roses, 'Rock of ages', dragons ... If they're well executed and perhaps have a personal quirk... Tough to say when a 'classic' becomes cliche.

When it comes to boxing tattoos I think ones that refer back to the history of the sport would be cool. I've love to see a black and grey John L. Sullivan, or Jack Dempsey portrait or something.

This one stuck in my head when I saw it :pac:
    http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4031/4330120372_95ddbbcbe2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25 roome19b

Thanks for the feedback guys

Advertisement