Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help find Chops the dog

Options
  • 26-07-2011 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭

Hi guys can you keep an eye out for this dog http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150328907022474&set=a.429303257473.215582.270131087473&type=1&theater

he was stolen in a burglery a few days ago in dublin, hes a dark brown staffie type with white on the tips of his front right and back left paw, hes also almost blind, he was seen today in the lord edward/dame street aera, if anyone see him can they ring the nearest garda station as they are aware he is stolen
    thanks a millon
    (mods feel free to move or delete this if you think its not appropriate)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I cycled past a little guy who looked like him this morning! I was going up the hill on Patrick's Street towards Christchurch. I didn't get a proper look because I didn't know about Chops til now, but it would be worth heading down that way for a look. This was about 9.15 this morning, so it was not that long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

What way was he heading Cosmic? There's a few of us going in to look and hand out posters this afternoon.

I just sent you a PM. But in case anyone else wants to know, he was heading away from town - towards Clanbrassil Street direction. I really hope it was him! He was near the bike shop, so on the right hand side footpath if you're heading away from town.

Around here:

http://maps.google.com/?ll=53.341421,-6.272249&spn=0.001938,0.005681&z=18&layer=c&cbll=53.34164,-6.272348&panoid=g1yO283pjIBY2VXI5zg8oA&cbp=12,333.91,,0,8.61

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

If he's heading up Patrick Street he could swing a left and wind up in the Thomas St. / James St. area - might be worth a look and a few posters around the that area. I'm thinking he'd avoid crossing the traffic at Christchurch itself. Best of luck in your search.

Thanks!

If everyone reading this could keep their eyes peeled in the Camden St., Stephens Green, Temple Bar, Dame St., Lord Edward St., Patrick St. and Clanbrassil St. areas I'd really appreciate it.

He seems to be floating around these areas so fingers crossed we get to him before he decides to pass the dog on.

Chops is neutered and microchipped. Very shiny coat and his eyes are a dark green colour as he is nearly completely blind.

Poster available for download here http://www.adogslife.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

I live in Inchicore so i'll have a snoop around for you when i get home. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Absolute bastards. I hope you find him.

Ill keep an eye out for him and pass the photo on to people I know who frequent them parts of town.

Thanks again all, the more people who know about it the more chance we have of getting him back where he belongs.

We'll be offline now as are going in to search but the number on the facebook page will be with us in case there's anymore sightings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

i just see on facebook thats he been found on camden st!! :)

i just see on facebook thats he been found on camden st!! :)

Yaaaay! Delighted :D It must have been a different guy I saw on Patrick Street. I hope I didn't hinder the search :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭saffron22

Hi all. Just to let you all know that Chops has been found safe and sound in the Camden Street area and is now back with his people

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

Wonderful news. :)

Not at all Cosmic!

What a day :) Just goes to show the power of Facebook.

On the way into town got a call to say that a volunteer for A Dog's Life who works in the city had spotted him in an area where there had been another couple of sightings.

Not going to give too much away as I'm sure there'll be legal stuff to follow but long story short she followed him, rang us, we rang the owner and she rang the guards! By the time we got there she'd just been given her dog back.

He was in great form considering and happy to be back with his Mammy.

Thanks to everyone who spread the word here and on Facebook. Thanks to KC from Today FM for putting Martina on air last night, 98 FM, The Star, The Gardai, everyone who took a poster, the flower seller, and most importantly Elaine - her quick thinking led to Chops recovery.

I do love a happy ending :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

i just see on facebook thats he been found on camden st!! :)[Fan/QUOTE]

Fantastic news, delighted to read it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

Saw this in the paper this morning... Chops is a gorgeous doggie!

Delighted he was found! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 bad mongo

Brilliant news, I would be distraught if my staffie was robbed-she's so friendly she would go with anybody in a similar situation.

Congrats all round- hope the culprit will get what's coming to him/her

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Huzzah! Always love a happy ending when it comes to lost animals!

Welcome home Chops!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Rumours on Broadsheet that Chops has gone missing again!
    http://www.broadsheet.ie/2011/07/28/ah-now-9/

Shenanigans?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

wixfjord wrote: »
    Rumours on Broadsheet that Chops has gone missing again!
    http://www.broadsheet.ie/2011/07/28/ah-now-9/

Shenanigans?

Haha!

Definite shenanigans, his owner sent us a photo of him last night safe and sound at home! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement