Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Full System Reset on a Sky box?

• 26-07-2011 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

Have a problem with my 1TB Sky Amstrad box (simultaneous recordings). Did a Planner Rebuild - no joy. Sky are now telling me I have to do a Full System Reset which means I will lose all my recordings.

(On the Sky Help Forum there is a sticky about a known software problem with 1TB boxes. I hope I don't have that problem.)

Just wondering has anyone done a Full System Reset and why?

The Sky agent was telling if I have too many programmes recorded (my box is 70% full) this might cause a problem. Or if you are constantly recording/deleting the hard disk becomes fragmented.

Anybody ever come across this problem before?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Havent seen many of the 1TB boxes as of yet so cant comment as to why you would need to do a full system reset, this is unlikely to fix anything that the planner rebuild would do in my opinion so I personally wouldnt do it unless its a last resort.

The planner rebuild is the same process as defragging a computer harddrive, if you have little space left on the drive then there will be problems with the box freezing slowing down etc. If you have a lot of recordings then deleting some no longer needed should help or alternatively try turning down the instant rewind time to a shorter period of time. The sky box is contstantly recording live tv to allow you to rewind any live tv. Again I leave this at only a short amount of time rather than what some people set it to at 60mins...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

For anyone that is interested this link descibes the software problem on some 1TB Sky boxes:-

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-HD/Update-Next-software-release-for-1TB-DRX890-Samsung-and-Pace-HD/td-p/52573

The problem I have is:-

"I got a new 1TB HD box installed at the start of the year. I have only started to have this problem recently. Here is an example from tonight:

I setup on my EPG to record the following programmes:-

Channel 103 TV3 Cornation Street 7.30pm
    Channel 141 BBC1 Eastenders 8pm
    Channel 108 Sky Atlantic Fish Town 8pm
    Channel 103 TV3 Cornation Street 8.30pm

I watched Cornation Street and at the end went into the EPG and deleted the programme.

I then switched channels to 141 BBC1. Eastenders was about to start. Then I got a recording programme clashing error.

A message came up saying if I wanted to watch Eastenders I would have to cancel either Fish Town or Eastenders. So I cancelled the recording of Eastenders.

This scenario shouldn't be happening. I was only recording 2 programmes and I was watching the channel which one of the recorded programmes was on. This problem only seems to have started happening in the last few weeks.

At the end of Eastenders I switched back to Cornation Street at 8.30pm and there was no recording issue.

Any ideas?"

Advertisement