Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

emobile issues

Options
  • 26-07-2011 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

I switched to emobile 5 months ago on their unlimited deal. I have had coverage issues and call dropping issues almost daily since I switched. I have rang, emailed, and written to customer care about 15 times now. They always ask the same questions in their reply and insist there is no problem in my area or the area I was in when I reported the fault. I have changed handset, sim, given them times , dates and numbers all to no avail. Can I claim a refund or cancel. I am 6 months into an 18 month contract. My issues are genuine. I even rang them to put me on a lower tarriff as I hardly use the phone now but they refused. Any assistance or advice on this would be really appreciated, TAI.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You had 14 days to cancel from the date you signed up. This should have been printed on the back of you contract or in the T&C on the internet.

Of course, they wont tell you about this. You need to write to them and call the letter an official complaint. Include all the info you have so far and keep a copy. Tell them you want your contract cancelled due to quality of service. Give them 14 days to reply of you will be contacting Comreg.

Try the mobile forum here for more tips:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=411

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭aabarnes1

Since I posted this I have submitted two further complaint requests via thier website aand had no reply- not even by email.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

aabarnes1 wrote: »
    Since I posted this I have submitted two further complaint requests via thier website aand had no reply- not even by email.

Stop, stop stop. Your letter of complaint should be a LETTER. Write or type it out. Send it via registered post. Sending via registered post confirms that emobile received it.

Stop with the emails. they will be ignored.

Thanks RangeR, I am just drafting another letter to them now stating pretty much what I alresdy posted and wrote to them before about. What do you think I can realistically expect from this, a refund, cancellation ???

Well, I sent a registered letter of complaint and after 12 days I received a phone call from a customer service agent asking the same questions and telling me to perform the same checks that I have done several times previously. I am at the end of my tether with this lot now and I am reluctant to pay them any longer for a service that is not fit for purpose or doesn't warrant 60euro a month. Does anybody know where I stand legally on this, still have 11 months left and they wont even allow me to go for the cheaper option plan. Any help or sound advice would be greatly appreciated, TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Have a look at the small claims court process. You would be claiming you paid for a service that you have not received.

Its €15 to start a claim, once that is received by emobile they may have a different tune.

Atleast you have a letter received and acknowledged by emobile stating that you made an official complaint and they didnt resolve it.

You could try ComReg, dont think they have much teeth though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Op you Should send one more letter and it MUST contain the heading "formal complaint"! Any other letters or emails can be treated and logged as feedback but when you say formal complaint they must log it as a complaint, in your complaint request a complaint reference number and then wait ten days before contacting ComReg or sending forms to the small claims court.

If they ring you don't listen or talk with them apart from to tell them you require a written reply detailing their response to your complaint.

Ok , I have sent another letter, stating it is a formal complaint and that I require a ref/number. I have also informed them of my intention to involve COMREG and/or the small claims court should the matter fail to be resolved. I will wait 10 days then I shall inform COMREG. aswell as cancel my DD.

UPDATE: I sent the headed letter but got no response. Comreg got in touch with them but closed the case after 2 weeks siting emobile had made a formal reply stating there was no issue with coverage/call dropping in my area. They sent me a bill for 8 euro plus 63 euro for the next month's service. I politely declined but did send them a cheque for 25.20 which was the correct amount I owed them. I also included a letter that stated this cheque was in full and final settlement of the account. They duly cashed the cheque and sent me a letter, 3 weeks later, stating I still have to pay the remianing amount of the contract. I refused and ported my number back to vodafone. They then rang saying I will get a final bill in october for all I owe. Comments or advice welcome.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Have a look at the small claims court process. You would be claiming you paid for a service that you have not received.

Its €15 to start a claim, once that is received by emobile they may have a different tune.

Atleast you have a letter received and acknowledged by emobile stating that you made an official complaint and they didnt resolve it.

You could try ComReg, dont think they have much teeth though.
    You are right about comreg my friend. I'll go to small claims instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Talk to eircom. There's a emobile rep there.

dudara

• Company Representative Posts: 321 Verified rep eMobile: Steve

Hi There,

I'm guessing this is being dealt with by our complaints team, however if you forward me over the details of your complaint I'll find out what's happening with it.

-Steve

Hi There,

I'm guessing this is being dealt with by our complaints team, however if you forward me over the details of your complaint I'll find out what's happening with it.

-Steve
    Everything you need to know is in the previous posts. I suggest you find and read the letters and emails I sent to your company, then you will be fully up to speed.

Everything you need to know is in the previous posts. I suggest you find and read the letters and emails I sent to your company, then you will be fully up to speed.

Hi AABarnes,

I am aware of the details that you posted above, however what I will need is a referrence be it an account number,name and address, complaint referrence number....so I can follow this up with them.

-Steve

Account number:<SNIP>
    Account name: <SNIP> ( who has, since her admission to hospital in August nominated me as her appointee)
    I do not have a complaint number because emobile have not been courteous enough to supply me with one, despite my asking in a letter that was acompanied by a cheque for full and final settlement on the account, that was accepted, and cashed.
    <SNIP> has personally and persistently asked your representitives to contact me directly in relation to this matter, however they still manage to dial the wrong number and call her.

Account number:<SNIP>
    Account name: <SNIP> ( who has, since her admission to hospital in August nominated me as her appointee)
    I do not have a complaint number because emobile have not been courteous enough to supply me with one, despite my asking in a letter that was acompanied by a cheque for full and final settlement on the account, that was accepted, and cashed.
    <SNIP> has personally and persistently asked your representitives to contact me directly in relation to this matter, however they still manage to dial the wrong number and call her.

Hi There,

Thanks for the above info, but could you PM me the details so I can check it out?

We don't recommend posting details publically (thanks Dudara).

Thanks,

Steve

Advertisement