Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike shop in Rathgar

• 27-07-2011 1:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Does anybody have any experience dealing with the bike shop in Rathgar?
    Its across from the chippers (sorry, dont know the name)

Just looking for a service and was wondering, as its nearby, if its reliable

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

it's mcdonalds cycles,

I've been in a few times, mostly with minor issues and was less than pleased with customer service. i'd suggest going to think bike in rathmines would be a better option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭kenmc

Joe Dalys in Dundrum is close by also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Expert Cycles,Main St. Rathfarnham will do a great job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭doughef

Glad I came on to ask .

Thanks for all the advice lads

• Registered Users Posts: 17 whysomanyhills

Doughef - I always found that shop great - used to get spare parts there when I lived in terenure and always found them helpful.

But what made that shop for me was one day I went in and the rear caliper (dual pivot) was sticking after braking. The man who runs the shop was in there at the time and just asked him could he take a look - he just put it up on the stand and fixed it. I asked him how much and he just said it was grand. In fairness it was a tiny fix he did - can't remember how long it took but was defo less than a minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I'm a big fan of Wolfe cycles on sundrive rd. Good value repairs and they always take a quick look at the bike beforehand to see how much it will be.

A few weeks ago I thought I had a problem with my brake cables. They had a look and it was just the cable was loose, sorted it out In a minute and they wouldn't even take any money for it

Advertisement