Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connections of the female type ;)

• 27-07-2011 1:36am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Wondering can anyone help - does anyone have a bunch of spare 0.187 female connectors they could part with (in exchange for some euros ofc)? These are the fellows in question. I kind of need them by this Friday though which might be asking alot I suppose. Sure send me a pm if anyone can help. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Jeez the title made me think you were looking from advice from retro:D

Might be a shot in the dark but could Maplins be worth a check?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

Maplins defo will have them Andy - and if not I think I do have some, somewhere. I'll reply to the PM shortly :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Thanks a mil for the suggestions and PMs folks. I totally forgot about Maplins or Halfords, will take a little road trip and try them out. Cheers! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Was in Maplins today off mary street and they had em

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,733 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Maplins are rip-off merchants.
    :mad:
    Try Peats first.

Or buy them on eBay for 1/5th the Maplins price (keyword: 4.8mm spade terminal).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Yep they are, but if you need something quick and can't and can't wait to dick around on ebay they are the only real one stop shop in dublin.

Have to laugh at the staff though..they ain't got the foggiest.I like to ask questions just to hear the answer.my mate from work asked for a 3g router the other day for work and your man said that they haven't been invented yet.
    I asked for them to show me any molex connectors they had and 22 gauge wire and this dude showed me rj45 conenctions and cat 5 cable

On a seperate note..KIKKI...SOLDERING IS NEEDED.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

cpc farnell should have them,they are more of those in the trade business so prepare to pay abit when comes to delivery.

http://cpcireland.farnell.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Radionics in Rialto sell them for nothing
    their website is a nightmare though

How many are you looking for, I could spare 20-30 of them for you, I think, opened a pack of 100 to rewire the arcade, sure I've a good few left :)
    I'm in Finglas, just beside joe duffy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Radionics in Crumlin all day long.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Thanks folks. Halfords in Carrickmines was closest and did the job. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,733 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Yep they are, but if you need something quick and can't and can't wait to dick around on ebay they are the only real one stop shop in dublin.

Have to laugh at the staff though..they ain't got the foggiest.I like to ask questions just to hear the answer.my mate from work asked for a 3g router the other day for work and your man said that they haven't been invented yet.
    I asked for them to show me any molex connectors they had and 22 gauge wire and this dude showed me rj45 conenctions and cat 5 cable

On a seperate note..KIKKI...SOLDERING IS NEEDED.
    PM should've been sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

I asked for thermal paste remover in maplin before and they tried to sell me a router :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

The staff are pretty hopeless and I hate the way they try sell you batteries, a catalogue and sign up for vouchers everytime your at the counter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

any decent motorfactors should supply em

Advertisement