Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Wireless problem

Options
  • 27-07-2011 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭

My friend recently moved into a house with different apartments, they are using a wireless UPC Cisco modem. They can all connect to the modem, except my friend. She is from Brazil and is using a netbook bought in Brazil, so im not sure if first off thats the problem.

Her netbook reads the network but when she trys to log on with the password it dosent accept and says its the wrong password. I have a tablet and I could connect with the password straight away.

The only other thing I could see was when I hovered the arrow over the connection it says the security on her netbook is WEP. My tablet used WP2, so I am thinking this may be the problem.

If so, how would one go about this solving this?

Thanks for reading this and any help I would be very grateful for.

Comments

Advertisement