Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HELP OPEN BUS SERVICE BETWEEN CARLOW AND WEXFORD CAMPUS I.T.

• 27-07-2011 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

So like myself I hear there are a few people are looking to commute to college between carlow and wexford for college term. I've been speaking with JJKavanagh Coaches and in reply they've asked me to compile a list of names of people that would be interested in such a service.

So if you would kindly type your RL name and whether you daily commute would be carlow to wexford returning or wexford to carlow returning

ie.- Carl Hayden - Carlow/ Wexford Return

If you know anybody who would also be interested in this pls point them to this post so we can get a college bus service up and running.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 scobygirl

i would love it if a bus service could provide transport for those going to carlow it in september. especially those people who are from enniscorthy or wexford town.
    could you guys reply to this and tell me if you want that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

sounds good!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Carl009

jjkavanagh said they would need 30 people to use any service they start, bus eireann are keeping quiet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mickybv6gsi

Any one any look with buses ? or anyone driving up and down everyday and share fuel costs ??

looking everywhere the bus sched is insane to say the least
    bus leaves carlow@ 2am gets to waterford @3.20am then leave bus station@7am arrives wexford @ 8am you other choice is no better via dublin journey takes longer

http://getthere.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 scobygirl

could you put my name down on the list for jj kavanagh? its jennifer galway.
    i would need the service on sunday evening from enniscorthy or if not wexford town. and friday evening also from carlow it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

Just to give you a heads up guys, bus companies have promised this service before and have pulled it after Christmas with no notice!!

Get the SU on your side and get them to contact the companies with some assurances. Bus Eireann sell tickets through the SU office, maybe they shouldn't be silent!!

I was in Carlow IT today and was told that Fleetline coaches would run a service from Wexford to Carlow if they had the numbers. I rang them today and they would be interested . They would need 10 to 12 people min for there 16 seater bus to try price it to be affordable to people. (053) 9141109 is Fleetline's Number. They took my name and number and they ask me to see could I get the numbers. If not I will be driving up and down myself ever

(1) Michael Brady

Ah cheers for the info, Michael.

I'll give 'em a buzz tomorrow, see what the story is. I'd bloody love if there was a bus going. :D

any service going put me down for np and if your driving i have a fresh coffee for you on pick and petrol money's ;p 0863085890 but ill be going carlow to wexford and back so grr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JayB123

Hi have you room for another passenger? Would be interested in travelling from Carlow to Wexford IT, will share petrol costs.

well until i find a lift i have to register tomorrow so... 2am bus to waterford noooo! talking to another dude via email atm waiting to here back still, he is offering lift from paulstown via carlow'ish to camolin where you can catch the wexford bus to wexford town, with the flexi10 ticket giving you 10 trips for 50euro on student ticket then back to carlow via waterford by bus. sad panda!
    tell i here back tho the journey is harsh to get there on time, i guess ill be seeing some peeps in waterford in the early hours lol.
    let you know if i hear back from this guy offering lift, and if you find someone lemme kno ;)

Why is it 2am bus to waterford? I'm stuck for a lift as well, but that seems a bit mad? You really would think there'd be a bus between Carlow and Wexford. Nashes used to run one two years ago but not anymore.

ya they even cancelled the rosslare bus from carlow just last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I just happened to look on the Carlow ITCSU page on Facebook today and they have a status up about a possible Wexford to Carlow bus service, the details are on that page, as Boards rules mean I can't post phone/email info here.

Here's the link to it anyway: Carlow ITCSU Facebook

That's brilliant. I just gave them a buzz there now and they said they have 7 people signed up and they're after 10. So if anyone knows anyone who's after a lift: pass it on! :D

i looked on that page and am very interested. waiting for to be accepted friends, could you pm me the info pls

If there are any students travelling from Wexford to Carlow and are looking for a bus service, contact KDK Cabs on <phone number snipped per rules>. (Will PM anyone who needs it.) If they get 10 people to sign up, they'll run it. Pass it on to anyone that needs the info.

I'd say that one's a good bet. They already had 8 people signed up when I rang 'em hours ago. They're charging 20 squid for a return, which is pretty good!

not a daily service :/

ah, i'd say your chance of finding a daily service is slim. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pjfk

Hi there, will be going from enniscorthy to carlow it if anyone wants to share petrol costs.Start this wednesday.

Hey folks I will be travelling from Wexford town to Carlow It daily if anyone needs a lift, It would be helping me also as it would reduce my fuel costs if I had Someone to chip in. It would be a max of 4 people as I have only a car. pm me if interested.

Or if we could get 10 to 12 fleetline would be interested

Regards

Michael

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JayB123

Hi Michael, I would be interested in travelling with you if you still have room. Am due to start in Wexford within the next 2 weeks - should know definite start date this week.Can you let me know if you still have room? Thanks JB

Advertisement