Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing to esb meter

• 27-07-2011 6:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

can someone help me please, i need so me info about getting a meter so i can save money on my electric, im looking to switch to esb and was told if i get a meter put in we can then use electric at night for washing machine/dish washer ect, how do i go about getting one of these things plus does it cost to get one and how much if it is, can someone help:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi carlosvan,

The Nightsaver meter is what you're looking for. It divides all of your electricity usage into 'day' and 'night'. The cheaper night-rate comes into effect from 12am to 9am in summertime, and 11pm to 8am in wintertime (see here for information on daylight savings/when the clocks change). For more information on unit prices/standing charges specific to this tariff, see our Price Plan Rate Details.

This meter is free to install, but bear in mind that the Nightsaver tariff is only beneficial if you use at least 24% of your total usage within the designated night-rate hours. That would equate to using about 3 to 4 units per night, where you have average annual usage of approx. 5,300 kWhs. (If you're not sure what would use up that amount of units, see the following section on our website: 'What is one unit?').

There is also a charge should you wish to revert back to the 24hr meter (details here), so it's best to gauge your suitability for it in advance.

Please feel free to PM me your details if you want me to look into this further for you.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement