Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Customer Relations

Options
  • 27-07-2011 8:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm having a major issue with Sky. They've over charged me for the last three years and owe me 850e.

I spoke to someone initally in Sky who told me I needed to email the customer relations department which I did, but I've yet to hear back from them.

Everytime I ring sky they say to wait, that they can't connect me to customer relations.

Has anyone got a number for them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭Trampas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Trampas wrote: »

Thanks Trampas but that's Customer Services not Customer relations :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Departments that can actually help you will never have a direct line. You always have to go through the first line support.

Put your issue in writing, outlining all occasions of over charging, when they occurred, and how much for. Let them know when you noticed the error and what you did when you found out. Outline anything you did to resolve this previously (including calling customer service and their inability to contact customer relations).

Put all this in a printed letter, and send it by registered post. Give them some fixed time period to respond (10 days is about normal), or you will escalate to the small claims court. Tell them to contact you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

im having major issues with them as well i rang to cancel my sports and movies package and told itll take 31days for them to take it off my package wrost company by far to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

ah laura in fairness being overcharged is one thing but they are merely saying you must give a months notice which is probably in your t&c somewhere, you will find most companies will requirea month to cancel things

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

TheDriver wrote: »
    ah laura in fairness being overcharged is one thing but they are merely saying you must give a months notice which is probably in your t&c somewhere, you will find most companies will requirea month to cancel things

nope it aint in my terms and conditions not in the contract i signed 4years ago im complaining cus they owe me 470e over the course 4years and now im proceeding to the small claims court now as ive no joy theyre quit enough to rob customers of money but when it comes to us to cancel things its 31days whereas they disconnect a customer for not having a bill paid within 5days but we still wait for them to refund us money or give credit on the bill they wont

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

nope it aint in my terms and conditions not in the contract i signed 4years ago im complaining cus they owe me 470e over the course 4years and now im proceeding to the small claims court now as ive no joy theyre quit enough to rob customers of money but when it comes to us to cancel things its 31days whereas they disconnect a customer for not having a bill paid within 5days but we still wait for them to refund us money or give credit on the bill they wont

Laura, you need to give a months notice. I can almost guarantee you its in those terms and conditions somewhere. You are billed monthly so therefore the done thing is to give a months notice.

As for them over charging people? How do people let it get that far without realizing? I'm not judging, I am just wondering how people cannot notice...? As for them taking action when a bill isnt being paid then they are well within their rights to cancel they are supplying but you arent paying for.

Throwing your toys out of a pram because you cannot get out of a contract just shows how impatient people are and they know their 'rights' etc. People sign up for things without actually reading the T&C and then complain if it doesnt go their way (this is a generalisation and not aimed at anyone)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

I have had Sky over charging before, very annoying thankfully it got sorted. My advise is to put everything in writing via email. You will get a faster response than post and there is no twisting and turning you complaint around.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭hous

Write to them with reg letter...ive had issues with sky previously and only was to resolve was to put everything in writing and follow up on your letters

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Zhane wrote: »
    Laura, you need to give a months notice. I can almost guarantee you its in those terms and conditions somewhere. You are billed monthly so therefore the done thing is to give a months notice.

As for them over charging people? How do people let it get that far without realizing? I'm not judging, I am just wondering how people cannot notice...? As for them taking action when a bill isnt being paid then they are well within their rights to cancel they are supplying but you arent paying for.

Throwing your toys out of a pram because you cannot get out of a contract just shows how impatient people are and they know their 'rights' etc. People sign up for things without actually reading the T&C and then complain if it doesnt go their way (this is a generalisation and not aimed at anyone)

10 years ago it was in their T&C's anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭JDxtra

What makes you believe they owe you €850? Seems like a lot of money. Please explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭JDxtra

im having major issues with them as well i rang to cancel my sports and movies package and told itll take 31days for them to take it off my package wrost company by far to deal with

Them is the terms and conditions. Why does that make then the worst company to deal with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Worst company? UPC will charge you €10 to do that on top of your notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

thats an exaggeration, big time, i once forgot my dd was due to be collected, so they collected double to following month, so they dont cut u off after 5 days

Advertisement