Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you lodge money to Ulster bank UK account in Natwest/RBS Branch?

Options
  • 27-07-2011 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi,
    Anybody know if you can do this? If you go to London and want to lodge cash can you? Also, anybody know if UB have plans to bring in international payments online?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I don't believe that you can do that.

Online foreign payments are supposed to be coming to UB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

No you can't. They are owned by same parent company but are separate entities in two different currencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭almalahide

phormium wrote: »
    No you can't. They are owned by same parent company but are separate entities in two different currencies.

Well both will be sterling...Yea was just thinking they might have. I probably should have opened an account with a bank that was in NI and UK..Oh well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

OP: I'm in a similar situation to you. Have an UK bank account in Ulster Bank in Northern Ireland and when I was setting it up I was told that you can lodge money in all RBS / Natwest branches but you can't withdraw in branch. It's not a foreign transaction if it is from a bank account in Northern Ireland to the UK.

Tried Santander first but they required a UK address.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

This might not be any use for you, but if you open an account with BOI in NI then u can make lodgements and withdrawls on your account in any UK Post Office.

• Advertisement
Advertisement