Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Newry!

Options
  • 27-07-2011 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

I posted this in the Down section but thought maybe I would get more replies in this area.

I'm moving up to Newry next month and I am trying to see if there are many boardsies up that way :D

for meet ups etc as I will only 1 person! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

I could be moving up that way soon, I should be living about 10 miles from Newry.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

I live just 2 miles out now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Did you rent a place by yourself or get a houseshare if you don't mind me asking? I'm looking at a job up there myself at the mo but the housing issue is a lot bigger than it was in Belfast ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

I live v. close to newry if you ever want to take a tour of the area:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Is yours a walking or black cab tour el tel? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Tinaryan79

Hi! I'm from Tipp and moved just outside newry a few months ago. Any suggestions of things to do to meet new people? I'm not very sportie I'm female in my mid 20s, any suggestions welcome! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭malibu4u

Listening to Ben Dunne on the radio during the week, there will be a few more moving to Newry now (from the Republic ) to avail of Bankruptcy legislation in UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Andrew Purfield

Hi folks. I went through a rough spot recently with no fixed address and being unemployed without an income but probably have a job offer in the new year up north and looking at moving up to Newry in late January/early February when backdated sick pay and my monthly wages come through(live in Louth area atm so gonna get bus up for first month if I take this job, though whether I will take that depends on whether I have enough to meet rent and bus costs for first month and still pay other bills and feed myself etc.-irnoically the train would be cheaper but the 100 bus leaves you closer to work and goes earlier in the morning).

Just wondering what the story is with houseshares. Hardly any ads online. I'd want a nice cheap share(7.59 euro is the local wage so has to be about keeping costs low too) to get to know some friendly locals who'd show us the town and help us settle in. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Andrew Purfield

No sick pay due after all so will have to refuse this job offer as cannot afford to go a whole month without an income while waiting on the wages. The bus ticket alone is almost as much as my rent. If welfare had any brains they could pay for my bus and allow me to keep my allowance til the wages come in, and I could pay them back, but the only way you can actually pay them anything is if you have defrauded the system. Anyways good job farming work starts in a few weeks though I'd rather have kept that as a second job and work in Newry full time.

Advertisement