Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suckler Springing Heifers - Loughrea Mart

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

i am going at the moment as long as i have nothing calving are you going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

:D
    Legs,
    I put this up with you in mind.
    I dont think I'll go, unless for a look. I've enough replacements coming through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

I'll probably be there too. Have weinlings to sell on friday sept 2nd in Loughrea and 1 bullock for the sat. Although, as I previously said about Loughrea, if I was the seller, it wouldn't be my first choice of mart for heifers like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭flatout11

have they not been up on done deal off and on all summer???

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Bigbird1

They look super stock alright, im not too far away so hope to head for the look

but i think these springers will make between 2 and 3 grand

any 1 here prepared to give that?? iv given 1600 for them in the past but to give any more id be looking for a calf at foot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

What I dont like about these sales, is that the heifers are always in too good a condition. Wouldn't be surprised if they are fed a bit of meal too to bring out the shine in their coat. You're always tempted to buy them when they are well springing too, which gives even less time to slim them down when you get them home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

its no different to overfed bulls being presented at sales and then not being fit to do the job becauswe they were pushed too hard but breeders will continue to do it since fat hides a multitude of faults

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭invicta

this guy had them in kenmare mart recently . He brought most of them home again --was looking for crazzy money..so bring big cheque books;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭Ford4000

I would never buy 'fancy' springing stock, they look well fed, possibly too well fed they are certainly on meals and could melt if u bought them, i bought 2 good black limousin springers a week ago calving October for 1500 a piece, the max i would pay as someone said without a calf at foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭Dozer1

Well lads did any of ye end up going to loughrea for this suckler sale?

What was the quality/prices like

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

no did not make it .:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

I was there on friday night at the weinling sale, but couldn't hang around till saturday as I had cattle to sell at home. Tomorrow's IFJ might have something in it about it.

Advertisement