Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush to Citywest

Options
  • 27-07-2011 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I have to be in citywest by 9 am tomorrow morning. Anyone do that drive or have an idea of how long it would take?

Much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I used to do Skerries to citywest. 9am is the worst time to get there for, but this is the best time of year. I'd say approximately 50 minutes. An hour to be safe (if it's for an interview or whatever). I may be overestimating. The toll bridge was still there when I did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

thanks for the reply...... so it was a while since you were out that way.

whats it like getting out of the estate?

Grand yeah. No problem at all getting onto the Naas road really except at exactly 5pm. I worked out there for a few years.

i should be grand i dont finish til 5.30 so should be alright

i will give it an hour and a bit to be sure

So how long did it take?

• Advertisement

well i left rush at 7.30 ( to be on the safe side) i went to statoil to get petrol.

so left statoil at about 7.45. was sitting in carpark at city west at 8.15!!!!

so needless to say i wont be leaving as early tomorrow.

hopefully there is not a big influx of traffic after that.

will leave at 8 and see what happens.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Martron I meant to reply to this earlier and forgot :(

Anyway I live in Swords and until Dec. last year worked in Newbridge, starting between 8:30 and 9 each day.

Left Swords at 7:30 and in Newbridge for 8:30 most days, so I'd suggest leavng at 8 to be there for nine.

Thanks for all the replies. i will leave a small bit earlier and shave of the minutes as i go along.

i was dreading the trip but its acctually grand.

Martron wrote: »
    well i left rush at 7.30 ( to be on the safe side) i went to statoil to get petrol.

so left statoil at about 7.45. was sitting in carpark at city west at 8.15!!!!

45 minutes is more or less as good as that commute gets. I think my record was 37 minutes (no speeding). That was with toll bridge and before the red cow was changed though, so that should shave another 2-3 minutes off the best time possible inside speed limits. It used to get significantly worse once the kids started back to school though.

yeah its taking about 40 mins.

its not too bad at all.

i will start leaving later and later until i am late one day ha ha .

• Advertisement
Advertisement