Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpress: Register to download - how do i do this?

Options
  • 27-07-2011 10:38am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a wordpress site - and on this site one of the things I want to do is offer a document (ebook) to the readers for download. However, I want the users to fill in a form with Name and Email etc first so I can capture these details, and then after they do this they are brought to a new page where the download link is.

Can anyone tell me an easy way to do this?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

There's hundreds, maybe even thousands of ways to do this :)

If you want to keep it simple and WordPress only, I like the simplicity of WP-Opt-in.

Alternatively you could use almost any contact form plugin - what you need to do is customise either the thank you page or the confirmation/thank you message it displays to include the download link.

Alternatively you can use a full service like MailChimp/Aweber/GetResponse/ConstantContact/CampaignMonitor/etc, etc and use their opt-in forms - many of them have Wordpress plugins.

Look for "squeeze page", "email capture" or "opt in" in search.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks! I actually manged it using www.MadMimi.com - like mailchimp - works well!

Advertisement