Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry photo upload block

Options
  • 27-07-2011 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Just bought a second hand Blackberry Curve 8520 and when I try to upload a photo to e-mail or facebook or anything like that it says: "The ability to upload a photo has been blocked by your corporate system administrator."

Any ideas where to get this unblocked or if the setting is on the phone or would it be somewhere else?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Just found this guys, doesnt say how to change it though:

Disable Public Photo Sharing Applications IT policy rule
    Description
    This rule specifies whether to prevent a BlackBerry® device user from uploading pictures to the Internet using public photo
    sharing applications.
    Default value
    The default value is False.
    Minimum requirements

• Java® based BlackBerry® device
    • BlackBerry® Enterprise Server version 4.1 SP4
    • BlackBerr

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I presume you're on BES with a work phone. In this case you'd have to ask your BES company administrator to remove the block, as they are the one's who applied it. Sorry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

No but I bought it from a guy who clearly was! Such a pain!

Advertisement