Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move Aritech alarm panel in hot press

Options
  • 27-07-2011 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭

I am getting a larger cylinder fitted into my hot press (solar installation) and the Aritech alarm panel is in the way.

I will be moving it two feet higher but I don't need to extend cables as the cables are coming from the ceiling anyway.

I want to unscrew it from the wall and screw it in higher up. If I attempt to do this will it set off the alarm and will I need to reprogramme it afterwards?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

You should be ok provided it's not one of the older cp panels.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Mad Benny wrote: »
    I am getting a larger cylinder fitted into my hot press (solar installation) and the Aritech alarm panel is in the way.

I will be moving it two feet higher but I don't need to extend cables as the cables are coming from the ceiling anyway.

I want to unscrew it from the wall and screw it in higher up. If I attempt to do this will it set off the alarm and will I need to reprogramme it afterwards?

The alarm will activate when you open the control panel but putting your code in on the keypad should silence it. The panel wont need to be reprogrammed for any settings that have being set up but the time will need to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

Thanks for the posts. This is the alarm panel. Is it one of the old ones that won't cause trouble moving?

photo-1.jpg

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The programming there will remain intact.
    Power down the mains & disconnect the battery. The outside bell will ring for a time when you do this, When you remount it power back up & disarm with your code as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Try keep all those towels away from the panel, it will cause over heating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Try keep all those towels away from the panel, it will cause over heating.

Good advise Fred, If I was moving the control panel it would be out of the hot press altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

It will be fine in the hotpress and programming will remain intact.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

Thanks for the responses. Do I need to power it down at all?

We will be taking all of the towels out of there as it will no longer be a hot press. The new hot water cylinder is obviously well insulated.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I would strongly recommend powering it down.
    Safety first.
    There is live mains inside the control panel.

Advertisement