Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Tentative] Cliffony, Sligo photowalk, mid-late August

• 27-07-2011 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

I'm moving to Sligo in about three weeks, so I asked myself "Why not have a photowalk there?"

This is very tentative. I've only personally visited the area once, but there seems to be forest, sand dunes, castles, cliffs and open ocean within easy walking distance of the house - and all of this is great photowalk material.

If weather and schedule permits, I'm suggesting that people come out, have a photowalk, stay the night (we have three acres of land and we're right outside of town) for night time (star/planet) photography and then depart the next morning after breakfast.

Suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

always up for a mooch round my home town :)

i'm in, schedule permitting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

In!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

In.

I had really meant to organise one this Summer but never got around to it...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

We could bring tents and do a Charleville. I now have a tent :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Please mark your calendars: The tentative date for this equally-tentative event is August 27-28 September 3-4.

I had a talk with the wife. We're going to ask for a suggested donation of €10 a head to cover feeding you:

Lunch on Saturday afternoon.
    A three-course meal on the Saturday night.
    Breakfast on Sunday morning.

My wife is an accomplished chef.

We'll also be offering Internet access, a bathroom (and shower), a charging station, some tutorials in processing (if anyone is interested) and the pleasure of my company.

Saturday: Daytime beach photowalk, followed by lunch and a wander around town the village in the evening. After dinner on Saturday night we return to the beach for star spotting and long-exposure photography (weather permitting!).
    Sunday: Breakfast and departure.

We will have parking for up to 5 vehicles. It will be doled out on a first-come, first-served basis.

If you don't wish to camp out in our bramble-filled field then you'll be pleased to learn that Cliffony seems to boast a hotel.

Email mark@bhalash.com for more information!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

That's the Peoples Photography weekend in Dublin and a lot of us including myself will be at that. Would have loved to head up.

DarrenG wrote: »
    That's the Peoples Photography weekend in Dublin and a lot of us including myself will be at that. Would have loved to head up.

Hence the date being tentative. :) I can push it back to September 3-4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Feck, I'm in Galway that weekend for a stag :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Sept 3-4 works for me. I'm doing PP too so would have to miss the earlier one..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

yup, i'll be at PP too so the september dates work better. yay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Sounds great! Who will bring espresso machine? ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Forget if you saw my original post here!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭couscous007

What are the confirmed date/s on this?
    I work in Sligo and live in Mayo...would be great fun, only problem for me is that I fly out on 1st Sep for 10 days to climb Kilimanjaro?!

Please confirm date/s!?
    Thanks a million

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

I work in Sligo and live in Mayo...would be great fun, only problem for me is that I fly out on 1st Sep for 10 days to climb Kilimanjaro?!

Please confirm date/s!?
    Thanks a million

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73547268&postcount=1

Please confirm date/s!?
    Thanks a million

The date has been set for September 10-11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Alas. As much as I want too, it's the frigging opening weekend of the festival I'm working on, so no way josé. :(

Y'all have a ball though, next time i shall be there, I swear to the baby cheeses!

Advertisement