Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paste a screen print into a post?

Options
  • 27-07-2011 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I a having difficulty posting a screen print into a post.
    I have taken the screen print into Paint, and cropped to the size I want, I have even reduced resolution of the image in word. But I have no option to paste it into the post.
    I am sure I have managed this before so am surprised I cant do it now.
    Thanks
    KP

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Are you trying to host the image externally, or just attach it to the post?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭kiwipower

Sorry I am not quite sure on the terminology.
    I am basically trying to paste straight into the “Reply to Thread.”

I hit “Print Screen”
    Opened Paint and pasted image into Paint.
    Edited image.
    Cut/Copied Image
    Tried pasting into thread.
    This didn’t work. So
    I could paste from Pain to a Word Document, even cutting from here I am unable to paste into the comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

No, that won't work.

You need somewhere to store the image, you cannot store it in a thread.

So you need to upload it to a site like Flickr (or some other site - there are loads) and put the link to it in the thread.

Alternatively, you can attach it to a post. It does not show in the thread, only shows as an attachment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Check point 10 here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056232089

You can paste the image into the post editor, and it'll show there, but it won't be displayed on the thread itself once you submit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭kiwipower

Hi Spear,
    Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement

If this is sorted then I'll mark it resolved and close it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement