Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dry Clearers in Athlone

Options
  • 27-07-2011 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

Im looking for a Dry Cleaners in Athlone. Google isnt really giving too many options! Ideally if there was one around the B&Q or CregganCourt areas. Anyone able to recommend one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

There's one right opposite B&Q, in the row of shops beside the Applegreen. Haven't used a dry cleaners in donkey's, though, so I can't recommend a particular one.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

[HQuote=Zubeneschamali;73508047]There's one right opposite B&Q, in the row of shops beside the Applegreen. Haven't used a dry cleaners in donkey's, though, so I can't recommend a particular one.[/Quote]
    Yeah that's bluesky. Its the one I use I find them good

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RachelM6650

I would not recommend them! Just after picking up an evening dress from there to find it had shrunk by at least 4 inches! Apparently you should allow for 5% shrinkage .. so unless my dress was over 8 foot long .. 4 inches is not 5%
    So upset it was an expensive dress cream and 100% silk (dry clean only) I bought it for an event I have tomorrow night and it is now unwearable because of the length of it
    Do not trust them with something where the length is important

• Registered Users Posts: 22 nellie1980

Well what ever you do stay away from a place called Suds laundry services on the Dublin Rd the offer a dry cleaninmg service and all the do is bang them in the washing machine and charge dry cleaning prices. You have been warned!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

I would not recommend them! Just after picking up an evening dress from there to find it had shrunk by at least 4 inches! Apparently you should allow for 5% shrinkage .. so unless my dress was over 8 foot long .. 4 inches is not 5%
    So upset it was an expensive dress cream and 100% silk (dry clean only) I bought it for an event I have tomorrow night and it is now unwearable because of the length of it
    Do not trust them with something where the length is important

What did they have to say for themselves?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Aren't Shannon Dry Cleaners one of those who cling on with their last grasp to the old Shopping Centre opposite Supermacs?

Advertisement