Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording Machinery for Sound effects

Options
  • 27-07-2011 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12 PascalShin

I'm looking for somewhere around Dublin where I could go and record the sounds of large machinery. Hydraulics and pneumatics and that sort of thing. I'm thinking a machine rental place or even a funfair where they might have some stuff in storage. The place would ideally be relatively quiet, a warehouse maybe and it would take me maybe an hour or two.

Does anybody know anywhere where I might be able to do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

PascalShin wrote: »
    I'm looking for somewhere around Dublin where I could go and record the sounds of large machinery. Hydraulics and pneumatics and that sort of thing. I'm thinking a machine rental place or even a funfair where they might have some stuff in storage. The place would ideally be relatively quiet, a warehouse maybe and it would take me maybe an hour or two.

Does anybody know anywhere where I might be able to do this?
    Plant hire have loads of machines sitting around but they won't be running, most are even delivered on a truck so they won't even drive in and out of the place.

Funfair will have music you won't be able to hear the machines. Machines in storage won't be operable.

A factory that manufactures or a garage would be the best place. The machines and tools probably run on air and will make all the noises your familiar with.

A delivery truck would be another one that would have the sounds your looking for. The ones with the loading tray on the back, there's electric motors and hydraulics on most trucks.

Advertisement