Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Refuse Service

Options
  • 27-07-2011 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

What company/companies provide a good domestic refuse service in Mayo? I have been in touch with one company and it's €260 per annum which I think is extremely expensive. At the minute I pay by weight and therefore it is in my best interest to recycle so I am wondering if any companies operate a pay by weight system or is just flat rate?
    Replies much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Shorty69664

We use WERS waste (based in Tuam).

You have the option to pay per lift which is 9.50 per general waste bin and 4.50 per recycle bin.

There is an extra cost per KG if you are over a certain weight. For the general waste I think the allowance is 40 kg and you are charged an extra 50 cent for every KG over. (something like that anyway)

I tried to find the info on their website but all I could find is the "flyer" at the bottom of the website page linked below.

http://www.werswaste.ie/recycling-tips.htm

I have no association with this company other than being a customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

dollybird2 wrote: »
    What company/companies provide a good domestic refuse service in Mayo? I have been in touch with one company and it's €260 per annum which I think is extremely expensive. At the minute I pay by weight and therefore it is in my best interest to recycle so I am wondering if any companies operate a pay by weight system or is just flat rate?
    Replies much appreciated.

bourke waste operate in mayo and and offer a pay be weight system with a Blue bin ( the bin thats weighted ), a green bin (recycling goods) and brown bin(food waste and other compostable material)

It costs me approx €110 every 6 months , i live on my own.

i am only a customer as well and dont know the owners of this company.

website http://www.bourkewaste.ie/

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I'm with Bourkes as well. You only pay by weight on the blue bin; the green and brown are flat-rate.

You pre-pay for a 400kg weight allowance at the start of each 6-month period, and if you haven't used the full allowance at the end of the period it's credited from your next invoice. If you use more, it's added to the next bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

Cheers, much appreciated. I'll look into those for our requirements. Very hard to find info via google about this so ye have just made my life easier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

We use WERS waste (based in Tuam).

You have the option to pay per lift which is 9.50 per general waste bin and 4.50 per recycle bin.

There is an extra cost per KG if you are over a certain weight. For the general waste I think the allowance is 40 kg and you are charged an extra 50 cent for every KG over. (something like that anyway)

I tried to find the info on their website but all I could find is the "flyer" at the bottom of the website page linked below.

http://www.werswaste.ie/recycling-tips.htm

I have no association with this company other than being a customer.

Just to note, when setting up the option of etag with Wers, there is a charge of €50. I was a bit annoyed as this isn't clear when setting up. I thought the min payment was €50 and the cost of the lifts would be taken from this, but it's a €50 charge and then you have to top up to get your bins taken. It's not refunded when you leave them either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

ash23 wrote: »
    Just to note, when setting up the option of etag with Wers, there is a charge of €50. I was a bit annoyed as this isn't clear when setting up. I thought the min payment was €50 and the cost of the lifts would be taken from this, but it's a €50 charge and then you have to top up to get your bins taken. It's not refunded when you leave them either.

This must be something fairly recent. When I set up my etag account with WERS, I paid €30 up front and the bin lifts were included in this. The €50 charge seems excessive but obviously the etag system is backfiring on them. I know, I have left the black bin out only three times this year which is less than €30 and I recycle everything else in the local civic amenity centre. Prior to this it was costing me €150 per half year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

dec25532 wrote: »
    This must be something fairly recent. When I set up my etag account with WERS, I paid €30 up front and the bin lifts were included in this. The €50 charge seems excessive but obviously the etag system is backfiring on them. I know, I have left the black bin out only three times this year which is less than €30 and I recycle everything else in the local civic amenity centre. Prior to this it was costing me €150 per half year.

Yes, I only joined up a couple of months ago. It seemed really high and if it'd been explained in advance I'd probably not have signed up. But like yourself I don't put the bins out much so long term it's cheaper.

Advertisement