Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website Advertising

Options
  • 27-07-2011 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I may have the opportunity to take over a sports website (results, match reports, stats etc)

The website as it stands is very old, it's content is its real selling point and it attracts an average of between 900 to 1200 visitors per day.

The current website owner no longer has the time to keep the site up to date and wants to pass it on.

I could redesign the site to give it a new modern template and integrate it with social media ... basically turn it into a modern website that would be appealing to advertisers.

However as I said it is the content that keeps people coming back. Keeping the site up to date in the same way as the previous owner did would require a lot of time. I would have to make it viable money wise.

Do people here think it would be possible to generate a resonable salary from advertising with this level of readership? Would it interest sports equipment companies etc ?

Advertisement