Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Karting near Sligo ?

Options
  • 27-07-2011 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

Anyone know where is the nearest karting track to Sligo, indoor or outdoor ?
    There's one in Edgeworthstown and one at Tynagh (Loughrea), but they're a heck of a long way from Sligo. Does anyone know is there one across the border or in Donegal maybe ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Is there still one in Castlebar?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Connacht

C'bar closed down 4 or 5 years ago.
    I see one on google in L'kenny, but even that's far away. Anybody been there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Letterkenny one would be near two hours from Sligo. You heave to head though letterkenny, and about 15/20 minutes out the other side of it (cant remember the exact location).

Cant remember what we paid (was about 6 years ago), but their was two formats, either drive around for about 15 to 20 minutes. Or grand prix, which was proper races, if there was a large number present, you would have several short races, in a knockout format, with a final for say 6 or 7 of you.

Most of the track was out doors and flood lit with a short covered section . Not nice in the wet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I was going to say Letterkenny but thought there'd be one nearer.
    A friend of mine was up with a group of lads before,said it was good craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Bizarrely the Letterkenny one is not open on Sundays as far as I remember

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Toys Out Of The Pram

Used to be one in Ballina unsure if still open. There is one in Castlefin Co. Donegal 10 mins the far side of stranalor. But my favourite in the whole of Ireland is letterkenny go Karting out the Ramelton road from letterkenny 5 minutes beside the silver tassie unlike the 15/20 previously said

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

the one in letterkenny is quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

The trip down to loughrea would be worth it. only half hour more in the car than letterkenny. Having done both i think loughrea is by far the best.

Blind Brook Karting, Ballina
    Has anyone ever been to this place ? What's it like ?
    Apparently they have a go karting outdoor track, but it doesn't feature in any of the lists of Irish karting tracks you can find on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mcon1

Connacht wrote: »
    Blind Brook Karting, Ballina
    Has anyone ever been to this place ? What's it like ?
    Apparently they have a go karting outdoor track, but it doesn't feature in any of the lists of Irish karting tracks you can find on the internet.

The track is pretty bumpy and not the longest, but the karts are alright and its very reasonable when compared to loughrea/letterkenny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

mcon1 wrote: »
    The track is pretty bumpy and not the longest, but the karts are alright and its very reasonable when compared to loughrea/letterkenny

Was in Letterkenny a few weeks back , 15e for 15mins, 20 for 20 or 30 for 30
    was the three options, myself and the two lads went out the eight y/o got a junior cart and myself and the 13y/o went on the fast ones great crack and would defo go again. What are the prices in Ballina ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭smurfy89

bennyc wrote: »
    Was in Letterkenny a few weeks back , 15e for 15mins, 20 for 20 or 30 for 30
    was the three options, myself and the two lads went out the eight y/o got a junior cart and myself and the 13y/o went on the fast ones great crack and would defo go again. What are the prices in Ballina ?

Senior Karts
    20 min session - €25-00
    15 min session - €20-00
    Minimum Height Allowance

Junior Karts
    15 min session - €10-00
    20 min session - €25-00
    Minimum Height Allowance - 4'6"
    *Minors must be accompanied

Got that from http://www.whatsoninsligo.com/#/go-karting-in-sligo/4530833636
    There's a contact number there too

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davebirl

There are 20 of us going from the Sports and Social club at work this Saturday to Edgeworthtown. Great track and we got a decent discount based on numbers too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

mcon1 wrote: »

I went there today.

What a dive. We walked around for easily 10 mins and nobody appeared. Eventually a scruffy looking guy appeared and was quite gruff in his manner. Between his bad attitude and the state of the place it was enough to change my mind.

Think I will try L'kenny in the near future

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Is there a track in Bundoran now?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Yeah there is one in Bundoran, however I think it's more designed for kids, the karts seem quite small and slow. It's only €5 per session, but I don't know how long each session is.

It's operated by Bundoran Adventure Park and there is a video here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEk5Xok5jUI&feature=player_embedded

Today totally by accident I came across a site on the net for Ros Karting - an outdoor track between Roscommon town and Longford. Anyone ever been ? It looks like a decent track on the website.

Advertisement