Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

security advice

Options
  • 27-07-2011 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

1)I need advice on a door monitor with video.
    My house is isolated and the wife just answers the door to anyone.
    anyone have a suggestion apart from changeing the missus?
    2)
    I have an eircom phonewatch alarm and want to replace the monitoring with an autodialler.Any advice on this?I'm in the Waterford area.

Many thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

cjgib wrote: »
    I have an eircom phonewatch alarm and want to replace the monitoring with an autodialler.Any advice on this?I'm in the Waterford area.

Many thanks for any replies.

What P.W system have you installed. Most of there systems can be set up to contact you instead of the monitoring station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭cjgib

Its a GE Security console.I want to eliminate Eircom and have the system text me when its activated.

Its a GE Security console.I want to eliminate Eircom and have the system text me when its activated.

Which GE system is it ?
    Simon
    Concord

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭cjgib

Its a simon 3

Its a simon 3

If you have any paper work off the alarm you will have the engineer code to do the following:

Drop the lid, enter engineer code. Delete option 04, done, delete option 05, done, delete option 06, done. Add option 43, "enter the phone number you want the alarm to ring" done. Add option 44, 10, done. Add option 17, 020, done.

This deletes the numbers the alarm uses to contact P.W. Option 43 is your phone number that the alarm will contact you on. It will only contact 1 number but it is better than nothing as it give a description of the alarm activation.

If you have the paper work send me a P.M and I will get the code off it for you, do not post any documents here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement