Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate Transport Manager Jobs

Options
  • 27-07-2011 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi

I am finished my higher degree in Transport Management and Technology in CIT and I want to get a graduate transport management job and I have applied to most places and got nothing... It getting very frustrating now I am qualified and cant get a job because they need experience which I haven't got and cant get...I understand this is common in Ireland at the minute.

I have even offered to work in some places for free but this doesn't help...

Has anyone any advice as moving abroad is not an option for me?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ddubs

Just assuming that you are living in cork having gone to CIT.

JobBridge (like it or loath it) the internship programme that pays you 50 bones on top of your dole have some positions going as an engineer with the Cork City Council. While they do say you need a civil/mech/elec background some of the positions are likely to be in the roads dept. which may be pertinent to your degree. Im sure if you email them and discuss it they may look favourably at an application.

Its not the best money in the world (and Id have to be convinced that its going to even be worthwhile experience) but it may be use to you given what you described you above situation as..

Good look with it

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Hanahuna

I am living close to killarney might try both kerry and cork councils... Thanks for the tip

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jamescronin

have you got transport manager cpc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭donkey balls

whats a degree in transport and tech? op which area is it aimed at within the transport industry.

Advertisement