Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Online store

Options
  • 27-07-2011 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

So I'm currently on a 30 day contract with meteor, decided i needed a new phone, switched to a fixed term plan, ordered a galaxy s 2 on friday.

The phone arrives yesterday, it's a galaxy s, a bit pee'd off, I rang the direct sales number, explained what happened and was told that I'd have to return it before they send out my new phone. I was told that I'd receive a bag of some description to return it today, I haven't. I was told that it would take upwards of a week for them to process the return and get my phone to me, grumbling, I agreed, I was also kind of annoyed that they were unapologetic about it. An hour or two later I decided to send an email to their customer care department saying this was pretty bad behaviour and requesting a courier to pick it up and deliver my new one. haven't heard anything back. Tried to register on their forum to put a message there but the approval is taking a while.

I know it's hardly the worst case in the world and they aren't really under any obligations to do anything more but it'd be nice if they even acknowledged the fact that they ****ed up and apologised for it.

I'm probably overreacting but it annoyed me and i felt like a rant

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Meteor CS = the bomb.

While I'm at it, I wish they'd fix the basic functionality on the Meteor.ie website instead of endlessly farting around with pretty new graphics and gimmicks. 2 out of 3 times you can't log in, no matter how many poxy captcha screens you go through before they lock you out for 30 mins... :mad:

Just joining in. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭IdidIt

I had a problem with them before, they were basically screwing me out of a contract. It was people that just signed up to Meteor and not for existing customers even though my contract was up. I tweeted about it and included there twitter name. I got a response and everything was sorted that day. There online form is pointless, they don't even check it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭oldmantime

unfortunately I don't use twitter, you're making me think i should start "sigh"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

There customer service is shockingly bad, rang up today for two reasons one to find out why my bill was so high, im on the max pay bill but got a 25 euro discount when I threatened to leave, found out it was never applied someone blocked it:rolleyes: but now it will be applied this was after getting transfered three times and being on the phone 20 minutes.

Then said id like to buy the HTC Sensation was transferred to sales was left on hold for 27 minutes. This kind of thing is a regular occurance when dealing with meteor.

Also I wouldnt be expecting approval for your forum use anytime soon I registered for that had a question I needed answered took them four weeks to approve my account:rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭IdidIt

Makes it all worth it when you get to read footballers saying stuff like this -

http://themediablog.typepad.com/the-media-blog/2011/07/footballers-twitter.html

• Advertisement

There customer service is shockingly bad, rang up today for two reasons one to find out why my bill was so high, im on the max pay bill but got a 25 euro discount when I threatened to leave, found out it was never applied someone blocked it:rolleyes: but now it will be applied this was after getting transfered three times and being on the phone 20 minutes.

Then said id like to buy the HTC Sensation was transferred to sales was left on hold for 27 minutes. This kind of thing is a regular occurance when dealing with meteor.

Also I wouldnt be expecting approval for your forum use anytime soon I registered for that had a question I needed answered took them four weeks to approve my account:rolleyes:.

I get the feeling the on hold/delaying approval are just to stop you getting through. I rang many times over the past weeks, got through almost instantly. Rang the online store dept yesterday, 30sec hold, told them what happened and was told to ring the direct sales team, 20-30mins hold.

Previous emails answered within a few hours typically, this one, 27 and counting. I've heard approval for their website is typically quite fast, this one not so much.

got a response in 30 seconds on twitter, jokers.

got an email at 4:53 asking for confirmation, I responded at 4:54, presumably they waited until the last minute to respond so they wouldn't have to deal with it today :mad:

Still no actual feedback, about the status of when i'll be able to return it, when i'll receive my phone, a reply to my email, not even answering the phone anymore. WTF is with these jokers???

30 minutes on hold, just hung up on me afterwards :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I got an unsolicited call from them yesterday.
    My contract is up in October and they were offering me any phone as a free upgrade or 5 euro off my tarriff if i signed up for another 12 months from now.

I'm currently on 35 a month. it worked out €120 cheaper than the 30 euro tarriff over 18 months.

I told him to call me back next week to let me think about it. I was just going to move back to 3 which my wife is on and go PAYG.

Will see what he says next week when I tell him next week.

if you order online the plan is 25 quid a month for 200 mins/texts 1gb data and free meteor to meteor, it's by far the best value but **** does their customer service suck balls.

I eventually got told that they've no idea why i didn't receive my return bag, they will send another one out which I MIGHT get by tuesday, if not, to ring them. They (direct sales) wouldn't arrange an exchange of the phones in the store, even though i was told by their customer care and twitter team that it could be done, they credited my account my 20 quid which is...ok i guess but I'd rather they just arranged the return with the shop.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I've signed up to their forums there 4 days ago, & still awaiting activation.
    i've sent the requst a couple of times and still not done.. like wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Best thing to do in regards to getting your account activated for the forum is to ask them on twitter to do it, thats what i did, and had it activated in about an hour, but as others have said, its a waste of time, numerous threads get left unanswered, and the ones that get a reply just tell ya they will get back to you, they rarely ever do.

shocksy wrote: »
    Best thing to do in regards to getting your account activated for the forum is to ask them on twitter to do it, thats what i did, and had it activated in about an hour, but as others have said, its a waste of time, numerous threads get left unanswered, and the ones that get a reply just tell ya they will get back to you, they rarely ever do.

I'm also waiting since tuesday, asked on twitter, no joy, glad it worked for you, just so people don't get false hope :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

oldmantime wrote: »
    if you order online the plan is 25 quid a month for 200 mins/texts 1gb data and free meteor to meteor, it's by far the best value but **** does their customer service suck balls.

I eventually got told that they've no idea why i didn't receive my return bag, they will send another one out which I MIGHT get by tuesday, if not, to ring them. They (direct sales) wouldn't arrange an exchange of the phones in the store, even though i was told by their customer care and twitter team that it could be done, they credited my account my 20 quid which is...ok i guess but I'd rather they just arranged the return with the shop.
    Sounds like they are trying to get you to keep the older model phone as everyone wants the latest model.

That's the plan for the phone I bought, nothing to do with keeping the old phone

8 days later, still no sign of the return bag, direct sales refused to arrange an instore exchange, the twitter team have kind of promised they will, still nothing yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Willlow

I agree their customer service is pretty crap. I have been trying to call their direct sales line for a few days now and I keep getting a message saying that they are closed and the opening hours are 10am to 7pm - but I've been calling before 6 :mad:

Sales should be a top priority for any company at the moment. Easier to swithch than upgrade with these idiots.

I told them I wanted to cancel my order and was switching to 3, they asked if there was anything they could do as a sign of good faith so i said if they arranged for me to switch my phone today in a store I'd stay, I was told I'd be called back, wasn't called back, not even a little bit.

• Advertisement

ok, hopefully final update, i rang them again this morning as they hadn't rang me back. They said they were trying to arrange an exchange with the drogheda store and they would ring me back in an hour. They did so, said they couldn't get through to the store and suggested I go in and try and convince them to do an exchange. I went in, they had no s2's in stock, they weren't sure how to return the phone as the direct sales people hadn't gotten in touch so they tried to ring them. The woman in the shop tried to ring them and was on hold for a while and a fair few customers came in so I said I'd wait for them to answer. 45 minutes later, a customer care staff member answers the phone, i know from experience they can't help with the return so i told them i rang direct sales and was placed through to here, gave me another number to ring that wouldn't transfer me out of direct sales if waiting too long. Rang that number, approx 30 mins later got talking to someone, they arranged the return of the phone and the posting out of mine today.

Long story short: Meteor have possibly the worst inter departmental communication in the world, got my phone returned and should receive the actual phone i ordered tomorrow. Frustratingly uninformed staff all round (except in the store they were quite helpful) who can't seem to communicate with each other. My advice would be to take this into account if you are contemplating joining meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Mentioned it in another Meteor thread but it's worth repeating.

Bought the Galaxy S2 on the 4th of July from their online store. Still haven't gotten the phone - took them 5 times longer than it was supposed to to get me my contract and they've had that back at least a week already and no sign of the phone. I've had them chasing it on Twitter and their forum but to no avail so far. I'd tell them where to shove their contract if it wasn't ridiculously good value compared to pretty much everyone else.

****in' hell that makes my complaint a lot more trivial. I only got any satisfaction when I rang and said "I'm leaving" so you should probably do the same. I said on Weds at about half 4 that I wished to cancel the order and was going to leave meteor, they asked if they could do anything as a gesture of good faith, i said arrange an instore exchange (collection in your case) that day (bit extreme seeing as they'd have had 30 mins to do so) but they got it done the next day.

But then again if they don't help you're left in the position where you're no longer with meteor and forced to pay the extortionate prices of other networks

Advertisement