Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP OFF Killarney

Options
  • 27-07-2011 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Hello Folks,

Are there any rooms to be got that DON'T insist on a 2 night minimum this weekend (29/07/2011 ) in Killarney.:(

Due to other committments, i cannot stay 2 nights but would love to go see Simple Minds & Cry Before Dawn in the INEC on Saturday night and stay over.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Chevy RV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Would you settle for outside Killarney?
    Kenmare etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Chevy RV

Hello Misticles,

How far is that from Killarney because i would have to get a taxi ?

Regards,

Chevy Rv

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

If you want to stay in Tralee there's a free shuttle bus running over and back from the gig on the night?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Chevy RV wrote: »
    Hello Folks,

Are there any rooms to be got that DON'T insist on a 2 night minimum this weekend (29/07/2011 ) in Killarney.:(

Due to other committments, i cannot stay 2 nights but would love to go see Simple Minds & Cry Before Dawn in the INEC on Saturday night and stay over.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Chevy RV

Did you just buy your tickets for the concert yesterday? I'm trying to understand how you are able to slate the entire town of Killarney with your title here "RIP OFF Killarney" based on this experience and because this one time it just doesn't suit your needs.
    The 2-nighter package-deals are of great value to most people especially families so

where are you getting your title from? eh :confused: Just because they just don't suit you, doesn't justify slating an entire tourist town!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭hatetherain!

I agree, 2 night packages are great value for families...but at other times of the year. The hotels are trying to get you to stay for the second night cause it's probably quiet for them that night.
    I spent 9 years living and working in Killarney, everything there is geared towards tourists....everything.
    God help you when you move there first as your seen and treated like a tourist, that soon fades when they (shops) see you around for a bit and after a year or two theyll start offering you "local person prices"
    Yeah it's nice to get it a bit cheaper but why the two tier system????

Killarney has suffered badly with the recession, but the prices there were way to over the top to start with.

• Advertisement

I guess it's supply and demand. While noone likes paying more, on the other hand in any walk of life you don't see people turning down money when they can get it. That would be as likely as a public sector working arguing that they shouldn't get overtime when the work they do after 5 is just as good or bad as the work they do before it! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

I just booked a private room in a hostel for 44euro for 2 people..including breakfast. Brilliant value :D
    Only got the Simple mind tickets last night.

Advertisement