Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urban Sea's New Betting Log

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Mister Matt 3.45 Newton Abbott 16/1 Sporting Bet

Can't believe the price of this fella. Going for a hat trick today and is in cracking form of late,winning 2 mile handicap chases at Uttoxeter off marks of 100 and 105. Now goes off a mark off 111 in a better race but hard to go against a horse in form and should out run his price,hopefully in to a place.

Stake:25 each way

No good today.

Profit:529

Qatar's Pearl 5.05 Gowran 5/2
    An expensive yearling,went for 420,000 dollars and easy to see why with a top US pedigree. Very green first time out over 6 furlongs at Naas but was still sent off favourite and got the hang of things late on. Sure to improve for the experience from that run and step up in trip is sure to suit(horse behind him has since won a listed race),and dual group 2 entries suggest he's well thought of.

Stake:40 euro

Last time I go against a Ballydoyle horse with a group 1 entry

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Just checking out your new log US, your doing well, very well, keep it up.

You actually placing these bets or using a virtual bank?

• Advertisement

Thanks 9. Haven't had a winner in a few days but still in the green. I'm backing these ones,I'd been picking out a few winners of late so said I'd give them a go.

Secrecy 4.15 Salisbury 16/1
    Seems to be the second choice Godolphin runner but that wouldn't necessarily put me off. As consistent as they come,he had previously only finished out of the first three once in his career last back end until a lack luster run last time out off top weight in a handicap at Germany. That can be forgiven,as he impressed the time before that when taking a conditions race at Doncaster in mid July in decent style. Hoping he can bounce back and has every chance of a place,was beaten in this less than a length last year.

Stake:10 each way

Forgot to post back. Typically it comes forth,with the first three being paid out.

Profit:469

Burma Rock 4.35 Kilbeggan 4/1

Was a fair handicapper on the flat for Luca Cumani up to ten furlongs and improved on previous hurdles form up to the point that he was brought down second last start over hurdles when he was brought down at the third last flight when travelling well. Promising run last week when just beaten a short head by the promising Shake the Bucket who had previously run second in a good novice hurdle. That form should be enough to take this,even if giving weight to the frustrating In a Nutshell.

Stake:20 euro

Forever Waining 1.20 Bangor 4/1

Another maiden hurdle and this looks a weak one. Favourite is too short for me and is opposable,having being turned over as favourite in two of his last three starts and looked quirky last time. My horse ran well in a couple of bumpers,including last time at Doncastor and a second at Ludlow. Off for six months but makes an appearance in a weak race and is strong in the betting.

Stake:30

• Advertisement

Athens 4.15 York 11/1

Can't believe the price of this fella. Was around the 4/1 mark last night. This maiden is worth a fortune and Ballydoyle don't send horses over for nothing. Well bred colt by Dylan Thomas who's dam is by the great Mr Prospector and is a half brother to Admiralofthefleet,a Royal Lodge winner. In plenty of top races,including the group 1 National Stakes next month,Champagne Stakes,Dewhurst,RP Trophy and Derby,so must be showing something at home. Big run expected even with his weakness in the market.

Stake:25 each way

Forever Waining only 3rd,well backed but favourite did it.

Burma Rock wins. Loss of 4 quid on the day after a 30 cent rule 4.

Profit:465

While available I'll take

Opinion Poll 3.05 York 4/1 William Hill
    Stake:50

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Thanks James hadn't thought of that. Don't know if I fancy it too much anymore but I'll see how my others do.

Look Left 4.25 Doncaster 3/1

Said I'd back this fella in the hope of a return as the other ones I've backed are unlikely to yield any winners. First time out for this colt by Observatory out of a Nashwan mare,unsurprisingly well bred for a Juddmonte runner. A couple of withdrawals have made this maiden seem very oridnary and can't have the favourite at its current price at all. Market vibes are positive and Gosden's horses always have to be respected in these races.

Stake:50 euro

Goes in the next at Salisbury.Sticking 50 on at 4/1,made a smart debut and unexposed.

Probably a silly bet. Even with one running out it came nowhere.

While available I'll take

Opinion Poll 3.05 York 4/1 William Hill
    Stake:50

Genuine colt who's been better than ever this year,winning the Goodwood Cup last time out having ran second to Fame and Glory in the Ascot Gold Cup before that.He's as consistent as you like and won this last year and could be a class above these,perhaps Duncan being the big threat,so gonna do a 5er reverse forecast on those too.

Ajjaadd 3.55 Sandown 12/1

Consistent and genuine filly who has been in cracking form lately,winning 5 furlong handicaps at Lingfield and Ascot before finishing a close up fifth over 6 at Brighton last time. Is only 8 pounds higher than before her first win and a return to this trip is a plus,with a talented apprentice taking off 3 pounds. Tricky draw but has won on soft before.

Stake:15 each way

Opinion Poll wins and the exacta is good.

Profit:636

Berling 4.10 Chester 5/1

Talented but quirky colt who hasn't as many wins as he should really,with only 3 wins to his name,including last time out when winning a mile and a half Pontrefact handicap off a mark of 90,which he did a shade cosily. Best form to date was when he was beaten by Fox Hunt less than a length in a decent Epsom handicap. He can tend to hang left when he's finishing,which is a definite weakness,but hopefully he's on an upward curve.

• Advertisement

Ajjaadd wins.

Profit:882

Berling drifting like a barge.

Berling wins to make it 3/3 today,the treble would have been 389/1 :eek:

Profit:1142

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Glad I didn't have a bet in that race.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Impressive stuff Urban, dont drink it all in the one pub :p

Nulty wrote: »
    Glad I didn't have a bet in that race.
    I take it you wouldn't have chosen him?
    Derek! wrote: »
    Impressive stuff Urban, dont drink it all in the one pub :p

Haha thanks Derek. Don't think I'll be drinking at all tonight,I'd a few too many last night. Going to head down to the pub for some grub though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Haha thanks Derek. Don't think I'll be drinking at all tonight,I'd a few too many last night. Going to head down to the pub for some grub though.
    Well youv certainly earned it after your hattrick ;)

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Wow, I thought I was running good! Top work babe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Never looked at it. But on form, I would have picked the second!

x PyRo wrote: »
    Wow, I thought I was running good! Top work babe.
    Thanks poppy,you are <3
    Nulty wrote: »
    Never looked at it. But on form, I would have picked the second!

Would you have gone for the second if you knew that the first would win?

• Advertisement

Livia's Dream 3.10 Folkestone 5/1

Not a bad maiden for the track and the favourite looks the one to beat following a promising debut effort at Newbury but Livia's Dream didn't run a bad race over this distance at Doncaster last time. She finished under 2 lengths from the winner,over a length behind a next time out winner. She was a relatively expensive purchase,costing about 50,000 pounds . Teofilo has made a cracking start at stud and she could go well.

Advertisement