Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urban Sea's New Betting Log

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Imperial Joey 2.20 Ballinrobe 7/1

Quite fancy this one. Was a fair and consistent pointer without winning and hardly set the light in a few 2 mile maiden hurdles but improved on all known form last time out when stepped up to today's trip when he was second to Alhellal over course and distance. This maiden lacks strength in depth and a reproduction of that run should see him go close.

Stake:50 euro

I'm a Legend 3.00 Newton Abbott 18/1

Talented chaser who improved beyond all known form last year when winning three handicap chases on the bounce before two seconds at the back end of last year. Went up 22 pounds in the mean time but disappointed at Cheltenham. However he's fit from a recent run over hurdles and is down two pounds to a mark of 123 with a good 5 pound claimer on board. Could run into a place
    Stake:15 each way

Profit:1022

Hardly a profitable day with none placing.

Two winners today but didn't post them cos the prices had gone and I did them in shop,typical.

Amistress 4.00 Leicester 8/1

I'm certain this price will be long gone tomorrow and I've already missed 9/1. Has been running well of late,winning a handicap at Lingfield off a mark of 68 before stepping up in class and running well off a mark of 73 in a class three handicap at Goodwood. Was strongly fancied the last time out when racing off the same mark at Salisbury,but ended up a beaten favourite in sixth by 3 lengths but was short of room. Comes into this easier race on the same mark and is on,y about 9/2 on BetFair,can see this price going tomorrow. Big bet

Stake:50 each way

Mitie Mouse 7.00 Warwick 11/2

Tough race with so many unexposed horses but quite fancy this one. Made a winning debut over 5 furlongs from the odds on Excavator before being thrown in the deep end at Royal Ascot. Ran a very solid race last time in a better handicap than this when beaten a head off a four pound lower mark. The form reads well though,the winner was beaten a neck in a good handicap at Haydock and the forth is placed since. Should go well

Stake:40

• Advertisement

Barefoot Lady 8/1 2.55 Deauville

An incredibly genuine and consistent filly who gives her running every time. This race represents an easier task than she has been facing having run well to come 5th in the Guineas over a trip short of her optimum and handled today's soft ground conditions very well when 2 lengths behind Immortal Verse at Ascot in a gr.1. That form looks very strong now that Immortal Verse went in again last week ahead of Goldikova. The slower conditions will be in her favour today and she has struck me as a bit one paced,despite her good run in the Guineas. Stepped back up in trip too,I like the look of her.

Stake:30 euro

Barefoot Lady loses.

Amistress 5/2 fav and beaten and Mitie Mouse 100/30 fav and beaten

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Paul Hanagans version of the race in France

BAREFOOT LADY wasn’t disgraced in the Group Two at Deauville on Tuesday but she does need a stronger gallop so she can drop in. As it was they hacked and she was in front and pricking her ears. When she tried to get out of the ground she couldn’t because it was like glue, especially round the bends. She couldn’t sprint when they did but he trip on better ground is fine.

Thanks Iain. Still didn't see the race.

I had a few bets this week just didn't have the time to post them.
    Current profit is 852,will have a few bets today I'd say.

• Advertisement

Chilowrth Lad 3.50 Goodwood 14/1
    One of the hardest races of the day to call but think this is a good each way shout. Ran a blinder over course and distance last time out in the Tatler handicap when he was beaten 3 parts of a length behind Casual Glimpse,who he reopposes today,but is 4 pounds better off. Has a 5 pound 3 year old weight allowance. Wide draw is a bit off putting but was drawn 11 the last day and is 16 today. Should run well.

Storming Bernard 1.55 Newmarket 6/1
    Making his debut in a nursery here off a fairly stiff mark of 87 but has run to a very high level in maidens lately,including last time out when second behind Rugged Cross in probably one of the hottest maidens of the year,a class 2 one at Doncaster that was worth 25k. Had been beaten at even stevens the time before that at Chester but that can be forgiven. Undoubtedly his best run was at Newmarket,when beaten 2 lengths by Entiffaadha,who has since won a group 3 assertively. Could be well handicapped today.

Stake:40

Money Never Sleeps 14/1 Sporting bet 3.00 Newmarket

Can't believe the price of this fella. 2 year old colt by Kyllachy out of a Fantastic Light mare . Made a promising debut over course and distance when a 5 lengths behind behind Diamondhead last month. Was very green that day and should know better today. The third in that race since went on to win a Pontrefact maiden by 11 lengths. Favourite was well held in the Gimcrack but this price looks too big to ignore with Gosden's horses in maidens always demanding respect.

Stake:25 each way

Storming Bernard beaten a neck,hope it's not one of those days.

SURe if the next too go tIat close you'll be happ:pac:y out

Haha are you drunk James?

And another second. Money Never Sleeps backed all the way into 7/2 and beaten to second. Profit anyway. Tempted to have a bet on Poet's Voice at 2/1 but not going to bother.

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Haha are you drunk James?

:pac:

Nope, I don't drink at all :)
    The ole predictive text on the HTC goes a bit sh1tty when the battery is less than 10% I find :)

25e/w at 14/1 is a good result :cool:

Haha thanks,winner would have been nicer :(

Mahbooba 6.40 Windsor 20/1

A bit to find with some of these but De Kock's runners have to be respected. She won 3 of her first 4 starts in South Africa,including a grade 1,and ran in some hot races in Dubai,including when she won the UAE guineas and was placed in the Oaks and Derby equivalent. Shaped with promise last month at Newmarket in a minor event and should come on for the run and is dangerous to overlook.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

Due to not being on a forum or internet much recently i've only just found this thread 2day.

To say its quite good is the understatement of the century.

If i heap a barrell full of praise on ya i'll just end up jinxing ya you know how the gambling gods are so instead of that i'll just say-

You utter poxy jammy tart.

• Advertisement

Profit:797 Mahooba ran a nice race but only fifth.

Haha thanks Mike I don't know if I'd go that far. Trying to make a few quid anyway,keeps me occupied.
    You coming back with your log?

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

a yea i might put a few waffly selects on it before breakfast .
    Got roped into driving a few headtheballs up to croker at bloody 6Am so i'll have to get up at 4 .
    Hope we don't get hammered lol

Haha you drew the short straw so. Donegal man?

Wild Wind 3.15 Curragh 8/1
    A real genuine filly who gives her running all the time but is hard to catch a win with. Has been in good form this season,was beaten 3 lengths into third in the French Guineas in May in a race that has worked out well. Since then she hasn't got her head in front until last week when nicely winning a Gowran listed race. Admittedly that isn't the strongest form on offer but she's consistent and I'm hoping that win will do her confidence the good to go forward and win again. Bible Belt is a deserved favourite but didn't beat much last time,though did it very well.

Double Cee 2.20 Beverley 3/1
    Made a promising debut last month over 7 furlongs at Haydock when forth of ten,beaten around 3 lengths by a very well backed favourite (16/1 into 5/1). Was friendless in the market that day and went from 8/1 to 33/1 so did well to get so close,having been hampered about 3 furlongs out and coming home under a soft ride. The form of that race isn't working out too well,but he did have a horse in behind who finished runner up both starts since. This race today isn't particularly strong and has ran on good to soft so has a good chance here.

Stake:50 euro

Think this is the last for today. I hope Swilly Ferry doesn't win,but I know he has a win in him soon.

Zaheeb 2.35 Yarmouth 11/1

Frustrating and inconsistent three year old who showed promise on his handicap debut off a mark of 52 when beaten a head over course and distance. Failed to follow that up next time when a beaten favourite and in a claimer but finally made a mends last time out when a well backed winner over 7 furlongs here off a 4 pound lower mark than today's. Not one to put too much faith in but I'm hoping that he can keep in that kind of form. That race has yet to be tested but still looks a nice each way price today in the hands of an excellent 3 pound claimer.

Stake:10 each way

First two ran absolute stinkers

Profit:752

Wild Wind second,other two were very poor. Could do with a winner soon.

Mirrored 4.10 Ripon 14/1

Competitive handicap but Mirrored has dropped to a feasable mark to get involved. He won off this mark in a handicap at Doncaster earlier in the year and had raced respectably off a mark as high as 91. He runs today off 85,the same mark as last time out where he ran a stinker over 12 furlongs at York in a better race than this. That race aside,he is largely consistent and gives his running. Ground may be a bit of a worry if it gets too soft but he might be ok on good to soft,good in places. Stable are in good form of late and looks a nice each way price

Stake:20 each way

It'sthursdayalready 5.55 Wolverhampton 8/1

A poor class 6 handicap to kick off the card and it isn't hard to discount many of the field. This gelding's been in good form of late and last time out was promising when he ran eight off a 2 pound higher mark when beaten around 2 and a half lengths. Was put up six pounds after finishing third at Thirsk two runs ago which seems a bit harsh as the form isn't working out well. That said he should run into a place here,please god.

• Advertisement

Mirrored did well to finish second having totally missed the start and had the worst traffic problem when travelling well. Puts me in profit for the day anyway.

Advertisement