Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urban Sea's New Betting Log

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Another ten bean on It'sthursdayalready. If it's unplaced I'll break even for the day. Well backed,6/1 I'll take with PP.

Forth. Given a lot to do.

La Zamora 3.10 Haydock 10/1

5 year old mare who's having just her forth start of the year. Needed the run and was poor first time out when last of 12 in a Thirsk handicap. However,ran a nice race in between 2 poor runs when beaten into 4th at Haydock over 6 furlongs,when beaten under a length. Failed to build on that last time when stepped up in distance in a hot race but hopefully the return to 6 will suit her as hoped following the time before last and she is back to her last winning mark of 82

Stake:20 each way

Out of the Storm 4/1 2.50 Brighton

A trappy race but quite fancy this one. Brighton is a notoriously tricky track to run on and this horse has good course form of late. Won over course and distance the time before last by 4 lengths under today's jockey Fallon and ran fifth last time,beaten over a length but was unlucky in running. He's ran second and third on two other outings here and I'm a big believer in horses for courses. There's money for him today quite fancy it off a mark 6 pounds higher than it's win.

Stake:50 euro

No good yesterday.

Typical had two winners today and didn't post them.

All the winnings on Blue Bunting next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

G'day mate.

Went to the Champion Stakes this evening and picked out The Jaber Abdulah horse "something something" and Emulous but didn't back them.

Was it a good night man yeah?

I really didn't fancy Emulous. Thought Misty for Me would have to underperform for her to win

Ah yeah, it was fair. The amount of pretty ladies on show was enlightening. The Irish girls certainly can scrub up well.

Emulous is a fair decent filly and well worth the price she returned at.

I was at my mate's mum's 40th last night. She cleans up well.

Off to a Christening now don't have time to explain my pick.

Swilly Ferry 3.30 York 14/1
    Stake:25 each way

UrbanSea wrote: »
    I was at my mate's mum's 40th last night. She cleans up well.

Off to a Christening now don't have time to explain my pick.

Swilly Ferry 3.30 York 14/1
    Stake:25 each way

Good choice, my second choice

• Advertisement

Dead last. That horse has a win in it soon

UrbanSea wrote: »
    I was at my mate's mum's 40th last night. She cleans up well..........

I hope you got her a nice present :cool:

I did alright me being there was a present enough :cool:

Seamus Shindig 3.10 Bath 8/1

Winless for over 2 years but in good heart of late. Time before last he was beaten a short head off a mark of 65 before running a nice race when beaten less than a length in a handicap at Goodwood last time out off of tomorrow's mark of 67 in what was a better race. Has been rated as high as 88 in the past and although it's a competitve race tomorrow he should go well.

Stake:30 euro

One Lucky Lady 3.40 Bath 3/1

Held her own in some competitive races before getting off the mark for the first time last time out over course and distance. Is put up 3 pounds for that which isn't harsh at all as she won with a little to spare last time. Promising 5 pound claimer off sets that too,and form has worked out well,third horse(over a length back) was second in a decent handicap. Should take the world of beating tomorrow.

Stake:50 euro

Seamus Shindig wins by a short head,well needed win.

Profit:810

Thynetocatcher 7.05 Roscommon 7/1

Looks like it'll be hard to beat the odds on favourite but I'd rather take a chance with this mare each way. She's a winning pointer on heavy ground and won a bumper over 2 miles2 at Gorwan in good style before being highly tried in an Aintree bumper. Step up in trip is sure to suit and should go well.

No good. Funny race

Here to Eternity 3.00 Leicester 10/1

Lightly raced three year old filly who scored on her reappearance at Folkestone . Better form came next time out when forth in a Warwick handicap off a mark of 68,beaten less than half a length. Went up a few pounds for that and disappointed last twice on soft going,which didn't seem to suit her. Comes in here and gets a 4 pound weight allowance in what isn't a particularly good race and better expected.

Stake:15 each way

Humidor 4.05 Leicester 7/2

Not a bad race for a conditions race. This gelding drops back in class having held his own at group level last few runs. The best form on show here is probably his third to Night Carnation run before last,where he was beaten 2 and a half lengths in a group 3 giving her six pounds. Has to give weight away tomorrow and has a bit to find on official ratings,but he's still in a listed race at Donny on Wednesday and a big run's expected.

Stake:40

• Advertisement

Castletown Boy 3.50 Sedgefield 16/1

Looks a competitive race. This horse has been in good form of late,placing in a pair of handicap hurdles at Cartmel and Perth before disappointing last time out at Perth when favourite. Went up 4 pounds from been placed but still looks possibly well handicapped off a mark of 97 as it's only win(over 3 years ago) came off 105. That said,he's only had 18 starts,lightly raced for a 9 year old/ 5 pound claimer takes the reigns tomorrow and hoping he can bounce back from his poor run.

Stake:10 each way

Humidor doesn't go.

Velvet Star 5.00 Leicester 16/1

Catches the eye on breeding,being by Galileo out of a Lowther Stakes winner in Velvet Moon who's by Shaadi who stood in Japan. Half sister to a Dubai World Cup winner and the trainer has a decent strike rate here,and could be something out of the ordinary

No joy. The drift came big time on Velvet Star

Magic City 2.00 Doncastor 8/1

Was touted as being potentially top class when winning his maiden by 6 lengths at Newbury first time of asking. Has been a bit hit and miss since then,including when being turned over at short odds next few times,including at 1/4 behind the smart Allejandro,then when behind Bannock and Pyman's Theory,all smart 2 year olds. Stepped up to seven furlongs for the first time and is interesting in a handicap off a mark of 88,which could be low yet.

Stake:30 euro

Gold City 2.30 Doncaster 7/2

I really think I'm missing something as to how this fella isn't favourite. Won his first two starts in good style before being worn down late on in the Ripon Two Year Old Trophy. He should appreciate the quicker ground tomorrow and still looks smart,how he is double the price of the maiden winning favourite(at Yarmouth) is beyond me.

Stake:40 euro

Didn't see Magic City's run,only third. Timeform radio are saying it was a very poor ride.

Profit: 610

Bogart 2.25 Doncaster 4/1 W.H.

Call me unoriginal going with the favourite here but the manner in which he won a good sales race at York last time over this distance was too good to ignore. That form looks strong and if he runs to that level tomorrow it'll take a very good two year old to beat him. Cockney Rebel looks the best of the rest.

Stake:50

Shropshire 4.10 Doncaster 28/1

Probably throwing my money away here but think this colt could be well handicapped. Created a big impression on debut last year over 6 furlongs at Haydock when easily accounting for the useful Lexi's Hero.Bombed out in the Gimcrack his only other start at 2(4/1) and had a nice reappearance when beaten 10 lengths by Frankel in the Greenham,and 6 behind subesquent dual group winner Excelebration. Was a well fancied 15/8 shot first try in handicaps at York and then followed up that poor run with a bad effort at Goodwood. Ran in those races off a mark of 97 and 85,before the drop to 5 not suiting him the last day.Runs tomorrow off 87 back to six furlongs and could just go better than his mark suggests if the return to 6 helps.

Stake:15 each way

• Advertisement

Responsive 1.25 Doncaster 9/2

Looks a stand out bet here based on her good third in a Salisbury Listed race last week,where she was beaten into fifth,just beaten three lengths by the smart Sajwah (form is strong,she was beaten 3 lengths in the Cherry Hilton). She had ran a good second at Ascot off a mark of 83. Runs today off a mark of 84 and is due to race off a mark of 93 next week so is well in here. Besito looks far too heavily handicapped for what he's achieved.

Stake:40 euro

Advertisement