Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urban Sea's New Betting Log

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Small profit for the day with Shropshire placing at 33/1.

Profit:628.75

Some early ones for tomorrow. Reasoning to come.

Saddlers' Rock 2.25 Doncaster 5/1
    Stake:20

Saddlers' Rock

Not the nicest bred colt by Saddlers' Wells but has impressed with his attitude in his short career,where he has only had 5 starts,not a lot for a three year old. He improved on his opening two runs in maiden company when winning a Tipperary 12 furlong maiden June back end. Was well fancied on his handicap debut,where he made a mockery of his 87 mark to land some nice bets over 14 at Leopardstown. His best run came last time out when he was beaten a length and a half by Fictional Account in a Listed race,where he was just behind Fame and Glory. He has plenty to find on ratings here tomorrow but he looks a colt going places,and races with just 8-1 being a three year old,with Niall McCullagh aboard,probably the most under rated jockey in Britain and Ireland. Oxx doesn't send them over for the experience either,his first runner in Britain this season won today,foolish to dismiss.

Eternal Heart 1.55 Doncaster 6/1

The only 3 year old represented in the race and he must have a cracking chance off just 8-12 even though he's rated 100,he gets a huge weight allowance. Didn't race at 2,but didn't take long to get the knack of racing,winning his maiden at the second attempt,before going on to complete a 3 timer in June,winning the valuable Edinburgh cup handicap at Musselburgh off a mark of 87. Held his own in better company since,third in the Queen's Vase at Royal Ascot despite not seeming to stay and ran a nice race last time out when second to Motrice,although beaten four and a half lengths but she's a very high class filly. Can't ignore the weight allowance here and should run a big race.

Stake:40 euro

Fireback 4.10 Doncaster 18/1

Another horse I've been following and has a win in him soon I think. He's been holding his own of late and is used to contesting competitve handicaps. Ran a good race in this race last year when he was fifth,beaten about 2 and a half lengths,off a mark of 90. He races off 88 today and should go well,as he ran well last time out at Goodwood off this mark,beaten around 2 lengths. His run behind Zero Money is looking like good form now due to the exploits of the winner,and I have to back this fella today cos I'd be sick if I missed a win by him. Skybet pay 4 places but are only 16/1,I'll take my chance with VC

Stake:25 each way

• Advertisement

Eternal Heart was poor.
    Saddlers' Rock wins,really should have had more on.

Fireback disappoints,will be on again though.

Small profit for the day,could be worse.

Profit:648.75

Elshabakiya 2.50 Goodwood 25/1

Could be throwing my money away again here but this seems quite a large price in what isn't the strongest of races. This filly is still a maiden,but has bumped into some useful sorts,including Maqaasid. Her best run was first time out this season,when beaten a head over seven furlongs by Dubawi Gold. She's been highly tried since,which isn't unusual for this stable and she didn't seem to get home over a mile. Her best run since that narrow second to Dubawi Gold was over six furlongs,tomorrow's distance,when beaten around 3 lengths by Anna Kiev in a Listed race at Haydock. Plenty of horses come here tomorrow with someone to prove,and this should out run her price.

Stake:10 each way

Anjaz 4.50 Doncaster 11/4

Probably one of the best bred fillies you're likely to see during any season. By Street Cry out of the super mare Playful Act,who has the label of being the most expensive broodmare in history when she went through the sales at Keeneland in 2007 and caused a bidding war between John Ferguson,racing manager to Sheikh Mohammed and Godolphin, and Coolmore. Eventually he came out on top,forking out 10.6 million dollars for the mare,who was a top filly,winning the Gr.1 Fillies Mile at Ascot as a juveneile.
    Anjaz made a promising debut at Kempton,beating a very smart looking filly who was a next time out winner by 2 and three quarter lengths. She's only racing off a mark of 82 today and that looks very light. Step up in trip sure to suit and she could prove well ahead of the handicapper.

Stake:50 euro

Wading 2.10 Curragh 3/1

This filly comes from probably the greatest family in racing. She's a newcomer by Montjeu,but it's the dam's side where the real royal breeding is. Cherry Hinton's by Green Desert,out of the greatest broodmare even in Urban Sea. It's a nice mix of speed and stamina and she'll need further than today's seven furlongs in time,but she's getting well backed and should be noted.

• Advertisement

Wading was second. The other filly I backed was a bit unlucky in running,not so sure she would have got a place though.

Praying for Blue Bunting.

Anjaz goes in at 7/2.Profit of 115 on the day

Profit:763.75

One more
    Picture Editor 5.25 Doncaster 11/2

Looked like a top class colt last season and was as low as 12/1 for the Derby. Needless to say he disappointed this season(he even beat Nathaniel on debut last season,and Nathaniel already had a run under his belt). He was dropped into a conditions race last time and ran a decent race over a trip that was too short for him. Back to a mile and a half today,which is a minimum for him I think,I can see him running a big race off a mark of 99,getting a weight allowance and two of the fancied runners not going.

Stake:20 euro

Profit:743.75

Really got caught for toe 3 out. Needs further I'd say,that horse has been given one of the worst training performances I've ever seen,it's up there with Sizing Europe's.

Rose Bonheur 5.20 Curragh 7/1
    Some good racing at the Curragh and this is probably the pick of it. This filly races over 6 furlongs tomorrow which is probably her best trip. She disappointed last time over 7 behind the smart Alanza,showing well for a long way but seemingly not seeing the distance. She's otherwise very consistent,finishing out of the first three only once in her ten race career. She entered handicaps off a mark of 85,having finished runner up in 3 maidens but bumped into some useful sorts.Since then she has won twice over 6 furlongs,those being listed races at Fairyhouse and Naas. She finished runner up to group 1 winning Emulous over 7 in between them,beaten under two lengths. That's smart form,and should handle soft ground tomorrow as she was second on it before. Bewitched has to give my horse weight,and she's much too short in the betting,she was out of her league in two group 1's and although she won a nice group 3,I can't see her repeating that tomorrow,she's a nice filly but I think she might be a bit flattered.

Stake:25 each way

Pivotman 4.40 Goodwood 14/1

This colt is a three year old you wouldn't want to put too much faith in,but is interesting tomorrow none the less. Looked a nice prospect when beating Carlton House on debut as a two year old by 4 lengths. Hasn't set the world alight since then. Entered handicaps this year off a mark of 90,and only one good run to date this season was when a close up third over course and distance at the July meeting,beaten over a length by Whiplash Willie off this mark. Handles soft ground as shown on debut,but definitely one to treat with caution. However,this is by far his easiest task to date.

Stake:15 each way

Salute Him 3.00 Listowel 7/2
    Stake:20 euro

Too sleepy to type why.

I'm sitting here going ****ing ape.

I hate non runners. There'll be a 15p rule 4 at Listowel and a 25 at Goodwood. If one more pulls out at Goodwood it'll be 2 places aswell.

No good so far. Pivotman looks like he could be one to be on again. Ran very well and had every chance just a furlong out and was backed into 9/2,even though there were a few non runners there was still a lot of money for him

• Advertisement

Profit:643.75

Jesus Rose Bonheur ran an absolute shocker. Put a line through that,unless she's rated about 70.

Strike Action 2.45 Listowel 6/1

Open looking maiden here with about 5 horses with decent claims. This daughter of Pivotal made a good start to racing when she was beaten into sixth in a decent Curragh maiden about 3 weeks ago,beaten over 2 lengths. She looks open to a host of improvement for a yard that's in good form lately,and may handle the softer going better than most as Pivotal's tend to appreciate it. She cost 100,000 as a yearling and can hopefully go on to win today. Forth won next time out and looks a decent each way bet.

Stake:20 each way

Clone Devil 3.40 Kempton 16/1

Looks a poor class six race. This fella was only rated 20 entering handicaps but put up two very good runs in handicap company,first time over course and distance when effectively racing off a mark of 45 when beaten over a length into fifth when 66/1 and ran even better next time out at Lingfield,beaten a neck. Possibly didn't handle the ground at Southwell last time when disappointing but claims back here.

No Larking 2.30 Brighton 7/2

Looks a good price for this fella considering one of the other fancies is a non runner. Ran a nice race last time out over course and distance when running out a convincing winner by 3 and a half lengths on soft ground similar to today's. Course form is a big thing for me at Brighton as it's an infamously difficult track to ride and a repeat of that run,even 5 pounds higher,should be good enough today.

Very disappointing run,and the photo finish are the two others I looked at.Typical

I couldn't pick a winner if it was stuck up my hole. Strike Action placed at least.

Profit:577.75

Miranda's Girl 3.25 Listowel 10/1 Skybet 1/4 odds

Hardly unexposed 6 year old mare with 71 starts to her name and 5 wins,but is generally a consistent filly. She took advantage of a lowly mark at Roscommon three starts back when landing a big gamble off a mark of 70,winning by 3 and a half lengths on heavy ground. Has some good form on soft and heavy going,and it's not easy at Listowel with the conditions today. Plenty have questions to answer with the going and although 10 pounds higher,she didn't run bad last time out in a better race than this.

Boynagh Joy 5.25 Listowel 8/1 Ladbrokes

Ladbrokes seem to be geoing a bit price on this filly. She was very smart on the flat,earning a rating up to 101 and was a listed winner over a mile,and ran in some better contests respectably,including when 5 lengths behind subsequent Gr.1 winner Emulous. Made a satisfactory start to hurdling when second in a novice event at the end of August. Hard to say how she'll cope with the ground today but looks like she's worth a bet at these odds.

Stake:30 euro

Yawn.I hate forth places when first 3 are being paid

• Advertisement

I need to start picking my bets better.

Advertisement