Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urban Sea's New Betting Log

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Tough As Nails 2.35 Newmarket 22/1
    I laid him for the place last time but I can picture him running very well tomorrow back at a sprinting distance. His form in Ireland shows him to be just below group 1 level,having finished third behind Power and La Collina in the Phoenix Stakes 3 starts back,but was only beaten two lengths,and finished ahead of Reply and Lilbourne Lad that day. They're closely matched on meeting this summer but this horse has been screaming for a step back to six furlongs and the quick going should be to his liking and will run much better than his odds suggest in what is a wide open race. His trainer doesn't send many horses over to England either.

Stake:15 each way

Regal Realm 4.25 Newmarket 8/1

Exquisitely bred filly who's form of her maiden win first time out at Newmarket has worked out ridiculously well,beaten the subsequent Cherry Hinton winner Gamilati,who's form is closely linked with stable mate Discourse,who she was beaten a short head by second time out,who has subsequently won the Sweet Solera stakes in an impressive way and one of the favourites for next years' Guineas.Samitar,winner of two big sales races and beaten a head in a group 1 since,was behind in third in her maiden win too,as well as winning the Albany. Was beaten into second next time out behind Angels Will Fall over six furlongs but showed a great attitude and great speed when picking up a group 3 next time out,despite having the worst run possible and looking well beat before getting up in the dying strides. Stepped up to a mile last time out possibly didn't suit,and is expected to go better back at seven tomorrow,in what is a very strong race.
    I'd love to back Wading and is one to take out of the race tomorrow,with her grand dam being Urban Sea and although she won over seven at Dundalk she's an Oaks filly if ever there was one going by her pedigree.

UrbanSea wrote: »

Astrology 5.00 Newmarket 2/1 Ladbrokes

I hope that one wins for you, hats off to you on your knowledge of breeding etc, you've a great insight into that end of things, I struggle to make head nor tail of that side of the sport and the links for form etc.

Thanks James,not the end of the world if it loses,won a few quid on a flukey accum last weekend.

I don't know a whole lot of breeding,just find it interesting,must say I've taken a liking to the American side of breeding lately,particularly along the Mr Prospector line,one of the greatest sires ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Thanks James,not the end of the world if it loses,won a few quid on a flukey accum last weekend.

I don't know a whole lot of breeding,just find it interesting,must say I've taken a liking to the American side of breeding lately,particularly along the Mr Prospector line,one of the greatest sires ever.

Wikipedia, strangely, is good for a succinct summary of American pedigrees. The Mr. Prospector page is a good example.

• Advertisement

Thanks Nulty. I've been on that many a time.

How did you put the link in the words by the way?

...........Wikipedia, strangely, is good for a succinct summary of American pedigrees. The Mr. Prospector page is a good example............

click on quote and you'll see ^^^^^^^ just like that

So.............

step 1 is the page link http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74814709#post74814709
    step 2 URL it...
    Step 3 type the words in between the ][ at the end

Step 4, wait for someone else to show us the quick way !!

What do you mean by URL it?

Type out the words you want to be the link

copy the link of the page you want to link to

Select the words you typed out

click the button in the "Reply To Thread" page with the {globe and the chain link}

paste and go

• Advertisement

HAhaa

Were you celebrating before the line?

Nulty wrote: »
    HAhaa

Were you celebrating before the line?

Yeah,just got up on the line ahead of Treasure Beach :cool:

I'll be sick if Gallagher wins the 2.20

Bannock 3.25 York 3.85 Lay

The pick on form here but he ran such a poor race last time,even if it was a better contest than this,but he seemed like a tired horse and is having his ninth start of the year and is opposable against less exposed horses.
    Lay:20 euro

Ah ****e.

Alright,the next few bets are going to be using a virtual bank. Starting with a virtual bank of 500.

Big Occasion 40/1 Cesarewitch

Was progressive with Aidan O'Brien last season ,winning two of his first four starts. Has since moved to David Pipe and returned from a long break when disappointing over course and distance last week,but it could well be that he needed that run and was hardly unfancied (6/1 joint favourite). Should out run his odds today with Joseph O'Brien taking the ride.

Stake:10 each way

Well this thread has gone down hill so time to give it a new lease of life.

First bet using my virtual bank lost.

Fame and Glory 1.50 Ascot 7/2

Undoubtedly the best horse in the race and has been a classy prospect since his two year old days which saw him the Criterium de Saint Cloud before making an impact at three which saw him run second to Sea the Stars in the Derby before going on to land the Irish equivalent. Disappointed a little bit after that as a three year old but bumped into STS and was a tired horse on Champions Day at Newmarket.

Got even better at 4,winning two group ones,namely the Tattersalls Gold Cup in a weak renewal,but proved himself to be one of the top older horses around when winning the Coronation Cup from dual oaks heroine Sariska with Youmzain 4 lengths back in forth.
    This trip today hadn't been faced by him this season,but he looked like the stayers division had found a new Yeats when he took the Gold Cup over 2 and a half miles from Opinion Poll. However,he comes here today with plenty to prove,having been turned over at 3/1 on at the Curragh in a pre race for the Irish Leger,but folded worryingly tamely in that race when beaten behind Duncan and Jukebox Jury who dead heated,beateing Fame and Glory 23 lengths at odds of 8/13.
    That clearly wasn't his true form (had Jukebox Jury fourteen lengths behind him in his Coronation Cup win last year) and if he bounces back today he should do this quite comfortably before going back to Ascot next year.He holds Opinion Poll on the Ascot run and he didn't impress too much when beaten behind Saddlers' Rock last time,even if he was giving a lot of weight away,and he's having his ninth start of the year today,I fear it could be one too many for him.
    Times up is undoubtedly progressive and the market speaks positively of her,and although she can improve,she still has nine pounds to find on official ratings,and Fame and Glory should really be higher than 120 ignoring his poor run last time out.

If he runs a poor race today I'd be surprised if we ever see him on the race track today.

Stake:50 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Well this thread has gone down hill so time to give it a new lease of life.

First bet using my virtual bank lost.

Fame and Glory 1.50 Ascot 7/2

Undoubtedly the best horse in the race and has been a classy prospect since his two year old days which saw him the Criterium de Saint Cloud before making an impact at three which saw him run second to Sea the Stars in the Derby before going on to land the Irish equivalent. Disappointed a little bit after that as a three year old but bumped into STS and was a tired horse on Champions Day at Newmarket.

Got even better at 4,winning two group ones,namely the Tattersalls Gold Cup in a weak renewal,but proved himself to be one of the top older horses around when winning the Coronation Cup from dual oaks heroine Sariska with Youmzain 4 lengths back in forth.
    This trip today hadn't been faced by him this season,but he looked like the stayers division had found a new Yeats when he took the Gold Cup over 2 and a half miles from Opinion Poll. However,he comes here today with plenty to prove,having been turned over at 3/1 on at the Curragh in a pre race for the Irish Leger,but folded worryingly tamely in that race when beaten behind Duncan and Jukebox Jury who dead heated,beateing Fame and Glory 23 lengths at odds of 8/13.
    That clearly wasn't his true form (had Jukebox Jury fourteen lengths behind him in his Coronation Cup win last year) and if he bounces back today he should do this quite comfortably before going back to Ascot next year.He holds Opinion Poll on the Ascot run and he didn't impress too much when beaten behind Saddlers' Rock last time,even if he was giving a lot of weight away,and he's having his ninth start of the year today,I fear it could be one too many for him.
    Times up is undoubtedly progressive and the market speaks positively of her,and although she can improve,she still has nine pounds to find on official ratings,and Fame and Glory should really be higher than 120 ignoring his poor run last time out.

If he runs a poor race today I'd be surprised if we ever see him on the race track today.

I have to agree if he runs a poor race we may never see him run again;)

good luck.

Thanks 3 and a half. If we don't see him again get on St Nicholas Abbey for the Gold Cup next year

• Advertisement

Moonlight Cloud 2/25 Ascot 7/2

Think this could be a stand out bet today,but that's easy to say before the racing starts. She was being touted as being one of the best fillies in Europe for this year as a two year old and created a good impression when winning two minor races,and found facing the colts too much too soon when beaten behind Wooton Bassett in the Prix Jean Luc as the 11/4 favourite last back end,but still ran well,only beaten a length.

Returned this year with a facile victory in a group 3 as a prep for the Guineas,for which she went in 9/2 favourite,but could only finish nine lengths behind Blue Bunting. However,she established herself firmly at the top of the sprint divsion after that,winning a good group 3 at Lonchamp in July before slamming her rivals in the Prix Maurice de Gheest,beating Society Rock,who she reopposes today,by 4 lengths,with the likes of Wooton Basset and Dream Ahead and Zoffany further back.

I think Deacon Blues is massively under priced for some wins in what weren't very strong group 3 races and won't want the ground too quick.

Stake:40 euro

Fame and Glory wins,but Midnight Cloud couldn't get a clear run and ruined her chance.

Banimpire 3.00 Ascot 9/1

This is probably the toughest race of the day to call in my opinion with some nice looking unexposed fillies in the line up. This filly has had a long season but has proved how genuine she is and she's as game as they come and has thrived under a busy campaign,with this been her twelfth start of the season. It's been a campiagin that has seen her go from 95 to 114. She's flexible regarding trip and her run of the year came over this distance today of a mile and a half when she was beaten a short head,just nailed on the line,by the one of the best fillies of recent times Blue Bunting in the Irish Oaks. She disappointed in the Yorkshire Oaks but ran a very solid race in the Prix De l'Opera last time out over a distance that may well have been too short for her when beaten around a length by Nahrain.
    Jim Bolger doesn't send his horses over for fun and places them brilliantly,as shown when Parish Hall won the Dewhurst last week,even when he had form to reverse with other rivals. She's won over course and distance in the Ribblesdale at Royal Ascot and loks a nice each way price.

Banimpire ran out of steam toward the end but ran a decent race.

Delighted for Johnny Murtagh though.
    And great to see Bible Belt there. What a stallion Big Bad Bob is,getting some really nice horses from very average mares

Profit of 105 today.

Bank:585
    Profit:85

That's my new imaginary one.

Watching a fight here.

Paulie Malignaggi By DQ,TKO,TD OR KO 6/1

Doesn't have a good record of knocking out opponents but this looks a one sided fight and there's a cut developing above Lora's eye which could result in a problem

That was a sily bet. Never went near the knock out

I really fancy this one and will probably be backing it in person tomorrow.

Solicitor 4.40 Pontrefact 10/1

Looks a well handicapped horse now having gone 13 months and seven runs since his last victory,which was over 10 furlongs at Beverley in a class 5 handicap off a mark of 75. Ever since then he has raced exclusively over 12 furlongs and was rated as high as 85,and contested class four races or better.
    He drops back to ten furlongs for the first time since and is back in a class five for the first time aswell. Won off a mark of 75 and he's now down to 74. Another interesting thing is I saw he's in the horses in training sale next week,and surely they'll want a good run out of this fella if he's heading to the sales to raise his value. Like the look of him.

Stake:40 euro

Bank:495

Solicitor disappointed.

One for Saturday
    Colombian St Simon Stakes 5/1
    Stake:25 each way

That's William Hill by the way,generally a 7/2 shot elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Gunner Will 3.10 Doncaster 12/1

Has some decent form in maidens,including first time out when beaten 4 lengths by subsequent Group 3 winner Talwar (rated 107),before running a similarly good race next time out at Newbury in what was an incredibly strong maiden,2 and three quarter lengths behind Ektihaam (rated 100 but hacked up in a conditions race),with second rated 91 and third rated 90. Disappointed at Epsom when favourite there but possible didn't handle the track. Step up to a mile should suit and has been gelded in the mean time,and looks a nice each way price in a competitive race.

Advertisement