Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skateboard bullies

Options
  • 27-07-2011 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

My wifes car was hit by a skateboard (without the skateboarder) that darted across Church Road yesterday, luckily she wasn't driving fast & no one was hurt but the damage to the car is significant & will cost at least €300/€400 to repair. The teenager who was on the road at the time did not say sorry & had zero sympathy for the car damage or my wife. I may not have been so restrained if I was there. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

Skateboarders all over the place these days. They come from all over to use the Skate Park. Not complaining, kids could be doing worse.

How did it cause €400 worth of damage? Where did it hit the car?

Just wondering if you can get a better price on the repair job.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭AJCOT

The front of the board struck above the wheel arch & then bounced off the centre of the door. The figure is a dealer quote, we hope to get a better price. I remain a fan of the local skateboarders & wish I could do some of the amazing stuff I've seen in the skate park & beyond, it was this kids attiitude, lack of respect & failure to apologise that bugged me.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

There is a chap down in Sea View (beside the cemetery) who does body work repairs. Very reasonable and I have had the misfortune of requiring his services on a couple of occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Langerland wrote: »
    There is a chap down in Sea View (beside the cemetery) who does body work repairs. Very reasonable and I have had the misfortune of requiring his services on a couple of occasions.

Same here. If he's not on the handy numbers thread, he should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭HeisenbergBB

Dont you think the title of this thread is a bit inaccurate? This is a story about one incident with one scateboarder. And while i feel sorry for you and your wife this guy was hardly a bully. He showed a complete lack of respect and what he did was wrong. But the title "skateboard bullies" makes it seem like theres a gang going around intentionally intimidating people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

The mods aren't clairvoyants. They rely on posters to PM details for addition to the list!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭AJCOT

Dont you think the title of this thread is a bit inaccurate? This is a story about one incident with one scateboarder. And while i feel sorry for you and your wife this guy was hardly a bully. He showed a complete lack of respect and what he did was wrong. But the title "skateboard bullies" makes it seem like theres a gang going around intentionally intimidating people.

I concur, at the time I was fit to kill having to pay another bill!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

The mods aren't clairvoyants. They rely on posters to PM details for addition to the list!

Anyone have any info for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

You can also talk to Dave in Motor Body Workshop in Kilcoole. Very good firm to deal with, very professional. They're just after Lee#s pub on the main street.

http://www.mbw.ie
    Main St, Kilcoole Co. Wicklow, Ireland

Tel: 01-2877321
    Fax: 01-2871401
    Mobile: 086-2502974

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Damo9090 wrote: »
    Anyone have any info for him?

Jimmy Gamel (sp?) 01 287 7274

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Shane O'brien Motor Services
    Crash repairs
    Phone 2873017
    Just past Kilcoole on the Newcastle road..
    The best in County Wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

@pixbyjohn Is Shane the chap who used to be in behind the Blacklion vet's?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Yes, and now he is in the small industrial estate just beyond Kilcoole GAA pitch. Wicklow tyre services and Eurowaste are in the same place.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Good to know, was wondering where he moved to :D

Advertisement