Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black women slapping kids!!

Options
  • 27-07-2011 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

It's not the first time i have seen this but i was in Tesco Ardkeen, Waterford a few days ago and i notice there was an african woman there whose kids were acting up a bit. She was disciplining them with a level of violence which i thought was shocking. The was giving out first but then they (girl or 4 or 5 in particular) were still messing and she mother kinda of got angry and gave the give a few stout, sharp slaps. I was like wtf!!
    She was then kinda dragging the child along on the floor a bit and giving out. The child was clearly dazed and stunned by the blows, they were hard slaps but she wasn't even crying as you'd expect.

Another time i was on the train and a black woman was in the seating bay infornt of me with a few kids of about 5 -8 yrs old. Again when the kids are causing a kerfuffle she didn't do much verbal dicipline before resorting to violence to get her point across. She was hitting and slapping the kids, not as bad as supermarket woman though. But she kept threatening them violence saying stuff like: "i will beat you, stay quiet,, or i will beat you". Again i was shocked by the attitude and how quickly she resorted to violence.
    Now i'm not a PC-freak or anything, i mean sometimes a slap is in order, but not at the frequency or severity these women were doing it at. I mean i got a slap or 2 when i was a wee little brat back in the day, did me no harm but it wasn't a full blown assault with threats like these women.Those kinda slaps would hurt me even.

It seems to common among africans, as said these are just 2 examples of what i seen. Not being a racist but could it be a cultural thing in that violence is an accepted and expected part of culture in africa, given that there is so much violence over there in the civil wars and what have you. It just seems to come naturally to them to be violent, even to their kids.

Has anyone else experieces like this and what do you think we can do to bring about a change in the was kids are diciplined?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

what do you think we can do to bring about a change in the was kids are diciplined>
    Reporting the persons in question to the authorities might be a start .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

Ive seen plenty of Irish parents slap their kids over nothing. Its disgusting

I have no idea if its more prevalent with Africans - havent notiiced that myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 coc.k_sh!t_

Latchy wrote: »
    Reporting the persons in question to the authorities might be a start .

i know thats an option, but tbh i couldn't be bothered with the trouble of having to give statements and all that. Anyway the guards, just like every other situation, would say theres nothing they can do as usual.

anyway it shouldn't have to come to that in the first place, they should not be beating kids in that way to begin with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Not really a parenting issue OP, bring it to Ranting & Raving if you're ranting or Humanities if you want a debate about it...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement