Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hdmi to component

• 27-07-2011 5:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭

I have a Samsung 32' slimfit CRT tv thats 1080p compatible, it does not have a hdmi on it, I think the next model had it, I am wondering if I can connect a a high def source to it, I have seen hdmi to component leads, would these do the job? I know I probably won't get close to 1080 but any help would be awesome!
    Correction it's 1080i compatible and the model code is WS-32Z308P
    And it came out of a skip!! Lol great telly!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭andy1249

I have seen hdmi to component leads, would these do the job?

There are lots of these leads on Ebay , and even on Amazon through third party sellers , none of them work , they are a con job.

The items are cheap , if you want to return it because it doesnt work , and it wont because thats impossible , then you have to cover postage and it simply isnt worth it to do so. Thats the business model behind this particular fraud.

Any good reviews you might see are posted by the seller or someone the seller knows.

HDMI is all digital , Component is analog , you cannot go from one to the other without some conversion electronics , and these are usually quite expensive.

One example is the HDfury , which will do the job of converting between HDMI and various analog inputs but costs approx 80 euros and upwards depending on what kind of output you want.

The component version is 160 Sterling.

http://www.3dfury.co.uk/hdfury2-3-p.asp

Advertisement