Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Configuring old Cisco EPC2425 router as bridge/repeater

Options
  • 27-07-2011 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi guys,

I just moved to a new place in Dublin and have a wireless problem. My building is registered with Sky Conway (bad company from what I hear, but I had very little choice) so I've recently got wifi installed by them. It works okay but the only place it was able to go was on the extreme right wall of the 3-bed apartment, which means my room on the extreme left can barely get any signal.

To try and fix this problem I'm try to set up my old router, an EPC2425 which I got with a previous subscription to UPC, as a bridge or repeater to improve the signal in the room on the far left. Is there any way that the EPC2425 can be used like this? I've heard I need to use DD-WRT but the EPC2425 doesn't seem to be supported...got a feeling it's not going to work.

Anyone tried this before with an EPC2425? Any other suggestions if it's not going to work?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

I think you can do wireless bridge in this router. Check in the admin page, down by the wireless tab. WDS would be your option. I remember its been reported before in the forum that it works. but no gurantee from me :)

Advertisement