Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

schoolbooks.ie

Options
  • 27-07-2011 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

hey,
    has anyone used this website before? are they trustworthy?
    thanks,
    Musical.x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭x_Ellie_x

Yeah they are trustworthy. They are cheap and they've been around a long time. The only problem is sometimes they can take about a month to deliver though.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭THENORTHSIDER

we used them this year and paid to get the books covered. The books arrived and no cover on any of the books. Have sent emails and tried to ring them for the last few days and not being able to make any contact with them. Some one else I spoke to is going through the same hassle regarding covering as well. So we won't be using them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Sister and mother used them every year and never had a problem, they arrived all covered for cheap as well. They have only great things to say about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DeeganW

If anyone has any outstanding issues with Schoolbooks.ie and can not get in touch with them, it should be helpful to know that they can be contacted through their "other" name which is AEON Solutions ltd. If you search and find their internet page and click on their "Contact us" tab you will find a phone number and address that they can be contacted on, there is also a photo of the building they occupy if you want to go down there. I'm sure they will be only happy to help anyone who has a problem(hah!)

I made an order with schoolbooks and was left without 2 books which were out of stock, I emailed and rang several times without a reponse over the course of 3 weeks, finally I got through a week and a half ago (only after trying the "new transaction" option on the recording) and demanded a refund seeing as how I had already got the books elsewhere. I was told my refund was processed immediately and that it would be in my account within 3 days. 5 days later and still trying their phone without success I sent another email stating I would be getting on to the National Consumer Authority about them. Then to my horror, today I had a look at the order online and was riled to see that the remaining books were being processed.
    I had enough at this stage and said I was going down to them, arrived at Oak Road, Western Industrial Estate, Dublin 12 and could find no sign of a schoolbooks.ie warehouse. Looked up OakWest house on the internet and noticed that apparently "AOEN Solutions" also occupied this building. I pressed the buzzer at the gates to what looked like a derelict warehouse, to my suprise the gates opened and i drove inside and parked outside the office building, (Huge warehouse & only 3 cars in car park didn't inpspire me with confidence) Walked in and asked if I had found the legendary long lost offices of Schoolbooks.ie and was told Yes!?? How can I help you? Bemused I gave the receptionist my booking number and told her I was due a refund on 2 books. She said they were already sent for delivery but then said she would take the details upstairs (probably after spotting that the vein on my forehead was about to pop). She left me there for about 10 mins during which time I couldn't help but notice that the phone didn't ring once, very annoying considering they will not answer their advertised phone number, after pacing up and down several times the receptionist returned and handed me a cheque straight away and apologised for the confusion. Astonished I said nothing and walked out considering myself lucky to get anything. I would advise anyone in the same situation to contact them in this way, I had to travel from Kildare to Ballymount to get the refund but was worth it just to make sure they didn't get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DeeganW

Cheque cleared today, amazingly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

There is a long and nasty thread about schoolbooks.ie if you search. Trustworthy wouldn't be a word I'd be using to describe them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

vicwatson wrote: »
    There is a long and nasty thread about schoolbooks.ie if you search. Trustworthy wouldn't be a word I'd be using to describe them

I think they were reliable until this year. For some reason this year they were a disaster.

There is a thread here somewhere on horror stories with them this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭THENORTHSIDER

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    I think they were reliable until this year. For some reason this year they were a disaster.

There is a thread here somewhere on horror stories with them this year.

As you can see from my post from last year, we had several issues with them that were difficult to resolve as it was extremely hard to make contact with them. What happened this year does not surprise me one bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

As you can see from my post from last year, we had several issues with them that were difficult to resolve as it was extremely hard to make contact with them. What happened this year does not surprise me one bit.

Didn't realise that there had been problems with them last year also. It is pretty bad form really to have such bad service.

I definitely won't be using them ever after reading the horror stories.

Advertisement