Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SWF to AVI for Machinima

Options
  • 27-07-2011 5:52pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Right, not so much a Game Recording & Editing issue per say but I feel it suits here more than the Tech Heads and their more refined discussions.

I've been looking at my Castlevania Flash movie and always had the notion of uploading it to Machinima.Com considering it is, indeed, a Machinima...

Problem is I cannot for the love of god find one single a) working b) decent c) 64bit compatible SWF (Flash) to AVI converter...

I'm sick to death of scrounging through Google only to get some garbage non-working program that keeps trying to cram a ****ing BING BAR down my Browsers Throat.

Another issue is that my Flash was created using SwIsH, not Macromedia or more common Flash Programs, and any working SWF to AVI programs I DID use had some issues where they would play or read the SWF in weird formats or play it back in crazy ways.

Any ideas?

I've tried other alternatives such as using CamStudio (Desktop recorder) to record the Flash playing on NewGrounds then crop and compress it but this leads to extremely bad quality from the fact that the CamStudio is generally bad quality and worsened by re-converting an already converted file. I really need to convert the SWF from the source rather that adopt these methods.

Comments

Advertisement