Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cant obtain ip address

• 27-07-2011 6:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

I had it online last night and this has never happened before. Ive powered off the router and swapped cables but nothing works. Any ideas. Thanks

Edit: ive used the easy set up now and it works, but thats nat 3

Edit : ive figured out its something to do with the pppoe settings, im using the usually eircom and broadband. Have these changed or what ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

tonydude wrote: »
    I had it online last night and this has never happened before. Ive powered off the router and swapped cables but nothing works. Any ideas. Thanks

Edit: ive used the easy set up now and it works, but thats nat 3

Edit : ive figured out its something to do with the pppoe settings, im using the usually eircom and broadband. Have these changed or what ?

Eircom's router is shoite. Invest €70 for a decent one and you will get NAT2 from the off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Are you using one of Eircom's new Zyxel routers? There seems to be a problem getting them to work on PPPOE. I was on to them about it and they were useless.

I've a wired connection and I used to get NAt1 with the old Netopia router.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,502 ✭✭✭✭guil

i bought a netgear DGN1000 and used the auto setting on the ps3 and have NAT2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

its the old type router netopia, it was working fine with years then all of a sudden this occurred. i had this router before (http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=643 ) but couldnt understand how to work it and i sold it on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

still having this problem , i can connect fine with automatic settings but its a nat 3 connection. Anyway to get nat 2 with the automatic settings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

tonydude wrote: »
    still having this problem , i can connect fine with automatic settings but its a nat 3 connection. Anyway to get nat 2 with the automatic settings
    RangeR wrote: »
    Eircom's router is shoite. Invest €70 for a decent one and you will get NAT2 from the off.

Advertisement